Use the Brighton and Hove: Buses app to plan your next journey and buy cheap bus tickets. Designed to make bus travel easier, it will work out how to get to your destination, show you where the nearest bus stop is and the departure time of the next bus. You can buy and store your bus tickets in the app and use them straight away.
• Smart journey planning – Add your start and end points, it will work from postcodes, bus stop names or place names and return the best route. Or it can detect where you are and plan from there, providing you with live arrival times.
• Buy cheap bus tickets – Purchase bus tickets with ease and choose how you want to pay.
• Live directions – The map will default to your current location or you can set it to show any starting point. Know how long you need to walk to your bus stop. Get step by step directions with live guidance as you travel on the map. View the arrival time of your bus and see buses moving along the route.
• Live bus times – Use your location or tap on a bus stop on the map and see the next bus arrival time.
In this version:
• We have updated the look and feel of our app
• You can now save your favourite journeys alongside your favourite bus stops
• You can search for bus stops
• You can get step by step directions
• Support for filtered tickets
• Ability to check how busy your bus is
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Where’s the live information?
My first impression I opened the new version of the app was that it was simpler - which is good. Then I realised it has no live tracker information. The only thing I use the app for besides buying tickets is checking when the next bus is due. I don’t need to input an entire journey plan and look at the scheduled times - I know where I’m going. I just want to know if my next bus is in 1 minute or 20 minutes before I leave the house.
I can only hope this is a teething problem and not a permanent disabling of the app’s most useful feature.
For a tourist this was great
Appreciate that this may not be the case for regular users (as per other reviews) but as someone visiting for a weekend it was extremely simple to make an account, find what I wanted and purchase the ticket. Also very reasonably priced compared to the amount we paid for a single paper ticket that we bought on the bus upon arrival. Worked well for us, no complaints.
I agree with the last reviewer (expat)
This app is absolutely useless now. No live times for the next 2 or 3 buses . I know what stop I’m going to and where I’m travelling to. I tried to use the app yesterday, it is even useless as a route planner, it told me the bus I needed was in an hour and half’s time . I gave up and walked to my regular bus stop . Hey !! Guess what , next bus in 6mins and also 16mins . Every time they mess with this app, they make it less user friendly. The old app from a couple of years back was so easy to use.
So this is what they call progress 😡
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.