Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Improved miscellaneous functions
Ratings and Reviews
A great app - when it works
This is a great app - when it works, which for me is about 25% of the time on my iPhone 5 and iPad Air, and I never know which 25%. I find I have to wake the printer up by accessing the app and checking my Brother MFC-J5620DW is awake and about 10% of the time there is no response. Should it show as awake and you attempt to print, about 50% of the time the data arrives at the printer and it sits and chews on it but does nothing. About 25% of the time it spits out a blank page and considers the job done, but just occasionally - it works, which is joyous. I don’t know where the problem lies, the Brother app, my apps, ios, the router or the printer. I have not yet managed to fathom it out and life is too short.
So it seems that this app is consistent in its inconsistencies! It worked great the first I used it but now like other reviews it seems to communicate with the printer however the printer then “prints” but spits out blank pages. I’ve tried shutting down and restarting both devices with no success. I’ll try again later and just cross fingers I guess. It’s a shame as it is a good app when it works.
Brother should step-up their game and learn from HP
I’ve previously used an HP printer and the smart HP app was great (I’m still using it for scanning documents using my phone, as it allows saving directly to cloud).
It’s disappointing to see that Brother has provided very poor customer support and their apps are really not up to what they should be for their customer base!
I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to use my printer remotely, but stupidly enough there doesn’t seem to be a way of connecting remotely - unless I would need to register it as a remote printer when on my home Wifi (which is not user friendly at all, since I’ve already registered with Google Drive).
I also have two Brother label printers and Brother’s iPrint and label app is ancient - again, complete disregard for customers’ needs.
If Brother doesn’t get their act together, I will move to a different brand which is valuing and listening to their customers!
- Brother Industries, LTD.
- 45.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.