BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice is a fully hosted conferencing solution offering the audio excellence of Dolby combined with the global coverage and reliability of the BT MeetMe service.
BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice mobile app creates meetings where attendees feel as if they're in the same room, even if they're at home, in the office, on the move or in a meeting room.
Participants are more able to engage naturally in a dynamic conversation.
The service delivers:
• High quality sound: high definition combined with background noise reduction and audio levelling of each participant
• Voice separation: participant voices come from different directions (just like being around the meeting room table)
• Easier and faster ways to join BT MeetMe conference calls.
• Cost savings by allowing you and your participants to join over the internet
• Choose from 3 easy ways to join your meeting:
1. Using Wi-Fi or mobile data to join over the internet
2. Have the app call you back on your phone
3. Call into the meeting by clicking on a local dial-in number in the app
• Save your chairperson BT MeetMe or BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice account details so you can just tap to start a meeting
• Join other BT MeetMe conferences by tap on the email link (No need to type in a passcode)
• Option to set app to only connect using Wi-Fi to save on network data charges. How the app works:
• To host a conference requires an active BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice from BT (Please note this is distinct from a standard BT MeetMe account but this app will still work with any BT MeetMe account.)
• To join, an invitation from your host
• Requires a data connection. (Depending on your data plan, you may incur charges when using this app to join meetings)
• Recommended Wi-Fi internet, or 4G or higher data connection for the best audio experience
• Requires iOS 13 or later
Fixed user-reported issues on mute. Fixed issues when changing tunnel type in Advanced Settings.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sort out the mute function please!
As with a lot of other reviews, I really like the sound quality with this app, and the ability to save frequently used call details. However the mute functions are horrendous!
- Sometimes you can get stuck on the “connecting” screen, where the mute button simply doesn’t work - it can show as muted but you’re not.
- when pressing mute the voice that tells you your line is being muted/unmuted is completely unnecessary, takes time and blocks out what is happening in your call. So by the time you get on, the call can have moved on without you! This voice doesn’t appear when you dial into MeetMe by phone, so no need for it on the app.
- interface with iPhone is useless - you can’t use mute via iPhone controls which would be useful. When phone locks (as happens during an hour long call), if you want to speak you have to unlock, find the app on your screen (why doesn’t it stay open under the lock screen?), open it, press mute, and wait for the voice to tell you you’re off mute.
Basically if you’re working from home or anywhere with background noise, using this app gets annoying quite quick!
Once was ok, now terrible
I used to use this app for all my BT Meet Me conference call needs, mainly for the improved sound quality when using headphones but also being able to tell who is connected to the call, the controls I had available for managing the call and the ability to create “favourite” lists for often used dial in details. This latest version is barely usable. It often does not connect to the conference bridge requiring a force quit of the application and starting again. Sometimes it’s connects but does not show the participant screen so remains on connecting. However, the biggest issue I have is the app no longer responds to the iPhone volume or mute controls, forcing me to use the app controls instead. My phone will often display it is muted when the line actually isn’t and vice versa. I cannot close the meeting from the phone only using the App. It is now barely useable. Disappointing as the App did work well before and now doesn’t. How can BT go backwards with this? Shame, for a company whose bread and butter was voice services, build an app to support one of these services that was originally pretty good and then release a new version which seems to have minimal testing before releasing.
Working from home in poor signal
I have poor phone signal at home do this app has been fantastic for bridging that gap but that’s as far as compliments can go. When connecting to calls, the app sometimes stays on the ‘waiting to connect’ screen even though the chair is on. Whilst on this screen, the mute function doesn’t work. This has left me in some awkward situations where my son has come running in the declare he needs a poo! I also can’t see who has joined the call.
Can these bugs be resolved?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- British Telecommunications plc
- 28.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © British Telecommunications plc 2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.