Listed in creativebloq, techworld and wpmudev as one of the best code editors.
Buffer Editor is a POWERFUL code and text editor that lets you easily develop software, view code or take notes on the go. Join thousands of coders who trust Buffer Editor for fast, powerful, and advanced code editing on mobile devices.
Code and text editor you'll fall in love with !
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro and iPod touch
• Superfast user interface
• Multiple Windows, Split View and Slide Over support
• Full Screen Mode
• Tabs. Quickly switch between your open files or terminals.
• Built In Terminal (SSH Client). Multiple terminals in tabs!
• Connect to BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git, Dropbox, iCloud ,Google Drive, SFTP, SSH and FTP servers
• BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git (Branch, Clone, Commit, Push, Pull)
• iOS Files app support
• Preview your files in safari with "Preview in Safari" function
• Open from iOS Files app (Link external folders and open multiple files)
• Send files by email
• File search
• Bracket matching/highlight
• Touch / Face ID protection
• Find & replace (including regular expression search)
• Extended Keyboard
• Vim coding support (If you don't need it, don't use it.)
• Unicode support
• Bluetooth keyboard support (Supports all iOS short-cut keys)
• Preview any files supported by iOS including images, PDFs, movies and documents
• iOS "Open In" support, from Buffer Editor to other app - vice versa
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Multiple dark and light themes (Ayu Dark, Ayu Light, Buffereditor, Candy, Candyland, Dante, Dark Blue, Deep Dark, Desert, Dracula, Github, Inkpot, Jellybeans, Mac Classic, Made of code, Monokai, Oceanic, One Dark, Putty, Seti, Solarized Dark, Solarized Light, Spacecadet, Spacegray Light, VSCode Dark, VSCode Light, Wombat, Xcode)
To see the full list of features, including supported Vim commands, please visit
For support please visit
• Minor fixes and improvements.
• We constantly develop the app and proper way to contact us is via support email. You can also send us feature requests.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good editor
This is the best text editor app I have found. The keyboard is especially good. My only improvement would be Google verification.
I like it.
I quite like this editor as I spend a lot of time ssh’d into various servers and being able to stay in just the one app is great.
My only gripe is that without renaming you can only open files with supported extensions. I would ideally like to open any file and then specify the formatting. If this exists then I is dumb and sorry. I will add the extra star though.
EDIT : My bad. It seems that if you create a file with the desired extension you can open files of this type ever after. Star added.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. If you need any help with application in the future, you can contact us via twitter for example. You can also send us email: email@example.com
Text Editors are like marmite
I downloaded this app a couple of years ago as it supported split views quite early. I’ve found myself using Buffer as my default editor. The Vim bindings are a godsend allowing me to use most of my Vim muscle memory when working. If you’re comfortable with Vim and modal editors you’ll probably like Buffer.
The only real improvement I’d look for would be better inter-app communication with Working Copy
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blakzero Oy
- 38.6 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blakzero Oy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.