Listed in creativebloq, techworld and wpmudev as one of the best code editors.
Buffer Editor is a POWERFUL code and text editor that lets you easily develop software, view code or take notes on the go. Join thousands of coders who trust Buffer Editor for fast, powerful, and advanced code editing on mobile devices.
Code and text editor you'll fall in love with !
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro and iPod touch
• Superfast user interface
• Split View and Slide Over support
• Full Screen Mode
• Tabs. Quickly switch between your open files or terminals.
• Built In Terminal (SSH Client). Multiple terminals in tabs!
• Connect to BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git, Dropbox, iCloud ,Google Drive, SFTP, SSH and FTP servers
• BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git (Branch, Clone, Commit, Push, Pull)
• iOS Files app support
• Preview your files in safari with "Preview in Safari" function
• Open from iOS Files app (Link external folders and open multiple files)
• Send files by email
• File search
• Bracket matching/highlight
• Touch / Face ID protection
• Find & replace (including regular expression search)
• Extended Keyboard
• Vim coding support (If you don't need it, don't use it.)
• Unicode support
• Bluetooth keyboard support (Supports all iOS short-cut keys)
• Preview any files supported by iOS including images, PDFs, movies and documents
• iOS "Open In" support, from Buffer Editor to other app - vice versa
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Multiple dark and light themes (Ayu Dark, Ayu Light, Buffereditor, Candy, Candyland, Dante, Dark Blue, Desert, Dracula, Github, Inkpot, Jellybeans, Mac Classic, Made of code, Monokai, Oceanic, One Dark, Putty, Seti, Solarized Dark, Solarized Light, Spacecadet, Spacegray Light, VSCode Dark, VSCode Light, Wombat, Xcode)
To see the full list of features, including supported Vim commands, please visit
For support please visit
• Fixed critical issue when using the terminal view. Terminal view could totally hide the editor view or cause random crash.
• We constantly develop the app and proper way to contact us is via support email. We can also give you live support if you have any issues or questions. You can also send us feature requests.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like it.
I quite like this editor as I spend a lot of time ssh’d into various servers and being able to stay in just the one app is great.
My only gripe is that without renaming you can only open files with supported extensions. I would ideally like to open any file and then specify the formatting. If this exists then I is dumb and sorry. I will add the extra star though.
EDIT : My bad. It seems that if you create a file with the desired extension you can open files of this type ever after. Star added.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. If you need any help with application in the future, you can contact us via twitter for example. You can also send us email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not worth for the vim keybindings
I found this app because of the vim keybindings but honestly at this point I don’t think it’s worth getting just for that.
Setting up connections to repositories isn’t exactly simple, with the multiple possibilities (ssh keys, 2fa) all done in the same UI with confusing explanations. I had trouble with this, contacted support with a detailed explanation of what I did and screenshots, and received some videos and returned that showed exactly what I had done. In the end I fixed the issue by force quitting the app because apparently if you fail setting up your connection the first time, it just keeps failing even if you delete it and try again.
The remaining UX of the app is fairly confusing, and you can’t access the user guide outside of it, having to go backwards and forwards when setting connections up.
I wanted to like this, but at the moment I can’t recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Your issue is now fixed in version 8.5.9. We will make the user guide much more detailed in the next releases. There will be pdf and online version available soon.
Poor security features
I have only used this for 10 minutes, but it seems to offer a reasonable interface and remote text editor - which is surprisingly hard to find.
However there is no fingerprint security option to open the app. For something that gives access to remote servers this is extremely poor and i will not continue to use the app until this feature is added. If it was a free app then this might be acceptable. But to charge and not have security is very annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. There is support for Touch / Face ID. You can enable Touch / Face ID protection in the application settings. If you need assistance, please send email at email@example.com
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.