- Couple of fixes for future versions of iOS.
- Some under the hood optimizations for performance.
- Shopgrid URL no longer drops when editing or creating an update.
- Fixed the presentation of images on other versions of iOS
- Fixed peeking and popping content presentation in other versions of iOS
- Fixed Shop Grid URL Learn More option within Composer.
- Authentication errors are once again more useful.
- Added Hashtag Manager support when populating Instagram First Comment within the Composer.
- Added Hashtag counter when composing to Instagram.
- Added Hashtag autocomplete to the Instagram First Comment toolbar.
- When composing Instagram posts we'll now only show Instagram Direct fields after adding media that meets the Instagram Direct Publishing requirements.
- Added ability to set Shop Grid URL links to posts.
- Added option to preview your Shop Grid and copy your shopgr.id URL in Settings.
- Composer will now check if the attached link has any images to attach before showing "or link" in Add photos or video button.
- Fixed a bug where attaching media from URL wouldn't show as valid for Instagram Direct Scheduling and would suggest the post was going to be a reminder.
- Repins are now known as Saves.
- Updated authentication screens, adds validation for Password Rules.
- Improved keyboard presentation within the Composer, will present alongside composer views and use the dark keyboard when using a dark appearance.
- Added an empty view to the Composer Location Selector.
Ratings and Reviews
Control at last
Finally after wasting my time with other, fiddly, inconsistent and frustrating tools, I'm looking at you TweetDeck, I discovered Buffer.
I need to tweet everyday at non. I get the information a month in advance so essentially I need to post 30 odd tweetsin one go. This task used to take several hours. Now with Buffer I was done in about 20 minutes. The clean, clear interface, the control and the simple ability to edit things in my queue days ahead is superb. I do all the heavy lifting on my laptop via the excellent web app and can check each day on the phone app. Thanks Buffer people, you saved me a load of time.
Developer Response ,
Awesome to hear. :D Glad we could make things easier for you! Enjoy the extra free time.
Great app but...
I’ve been a paying customer of buffer for around 3 years now. It’s been a great app (and website). But through no fault of their own and the introduction of new twitter policies unfortunately it’s lost all it’s usefulness. Rebuffing posts & cross promotion was a great feature. Now these are gone it’s probably easier to post on Twitter itself. Which I suppose was the endgame for them. It’s a shame as i gave this app 5 stars originally but Twitter is killing their business. I’ll be unsubscribing as a paying user unfortunately.
Developer Response ,
So sorry for the changes here, great to have you as a user for all of this time.
Update removes options
I only started to use this a couple of weeks ago and it’s really useful. Simple to use and had some really useful options. However in the recent update, they’ve removed some of those options which has, in my opinion, spoilt the usability of the app. The main one being ‘re-buffer’, where you can take an old post, edit, and repost.
I understand it’s available on the paid version but I can’t justify paying a monthly subscription for one option that I miss.
It’s a real shame. I probably wouldn’t have missed it if it were never there but it was & they took it away! That’s just mean!
- Buffer, Inc.
- 63.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Buffer, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro for 1 Month £12.99
- Pro for 1 Year £124.99
- Small Business £39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.