A comprehensive field guide to the bumblebees of Britain and Ireland. Covers in detail the identification of all 23 species currently recorded in the region. It aims to help anyone interested in bumblebees – beginner or expert – to identify the species they encounter.
• Stunning colour plates, photos and videos of all species – showing queens, males, workers and colour forms.
• Illustrations by world-renowned artist Richard Lewington specially commissioned for this app.
• Compare any species side-by-side.
• Professionally filmed video of all species, including slow-motion shots.
• High-quality still photographs of most forms.
• Detailed species profiles covering identification, distribution, flight periods and habitat.
• Sections on biology, habitats, tips on how and where to watch bumblebees, and other useful information.
• Display species by English common names or Scientific name.
• Quick-view of all species gives an overview usually allowing swift identification.
• Keep a list of your favourites
Produced in association with the Bumble Bee Conservation Trust and Habitat Aid.
Minor tweaks, including fixing the blank 'All Species' screen after changing species language.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful and modern guide
Downloaded this app tonight and I can't wait to use it for real. It's features are great. The illustrations are very good. Pics and video look great and will be really useful to me for the species that I haven't seen before. The best feature for me is the ability to compare similar species side-by-side.
If you like bees get this app you won't be disappointed.
...with a few minor quibbles. Changing the preferred names (English vs scientific) renders the ‘all species’ chart unusable (screen goes all black on iPhone and all white on iPad), presumably because the ‘all species’ chart doesn’t list the English names, which I think it should, given that the vast majority of users will always use the vernacular names. The text mentions detailed anatomical structures which (as far I can tell) aren’t defined within the app. All that being said, it’s still a very useful app.
Fantastic app. Loads of information and videos etc.
A little bit pricy but well worth it .
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.