Make boarding, tracking and accessing everything about trains easier than ever before. Personalised to you, ByTrain gives you access to the information you need, when you need it.
POWERFUL JOURNEY PLANNER
- Plan your next journey with shortcuts to your home, work and recent stations
- Receive push notifications detailing service delays, cancellations, platform changes, service operator incidents and London Underground line status updates
- Set reminders to leave for the station depending on the current traffic and weather conditions
- Find trains fast with Siri Shortcuts integration
- Prepare for planned engineering works
- Receive detailed explanations for delays and cancellations
- Options to set via stations, direct trains only and more
- Automatically sync journeys with your calendar
- Includes buses, ferries and support for the London Underground
EFFECTIVE TRAIN TRACKER
- View real-time departures and arrivals
- Track the progress of your commute with minute by minute updates
- Get notified of any disruption with the live network status of every rail operator
- Avoid sleeping through your destination by scheduling alarms to wake you up in time to leave
- Support for station board filtering by station or platform
- Check for service alterations
- Share your train with family or friends and make pickups easy
COMPREHENSIVE RAIL KNOWLEDGE
- View a station's facilities or prepare for an easier commute with impaired access information available for every station
- Know your station's car park charges and opening times
- View the historical performance of your journey
- Easy access to your service operator's customer service, lost property and delay compensation details
- Get walking and driving directions to any station
- Apple Watch support
- No advertisements and no pressure to buy tickets
- View history and statistics on your lifetime's rail travel
- Comprehensive accessibility support
- Beautiful and intuitive interface focussed on clarity and productivity
- Friendly customer support provided as standard
This update brings general stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just saw this app’s developer, who’s still in school won a scholarship to visit WWDC and out of support, I downloaded it to give it a try. But I totally did not except such an amazing and fully-featured app. As a Londoner who lives at an area that does not have a tube station, I heavily rely on rail to get to Central London and/or other areas. This app is far superior to competitors at what it does: show you when your train’s leaving, what platform, what time, delay notifications and a live location of the train and an overview of the stops. Simple, uncluttered and fast. I don’t need a thousand different options when I commute, I just need to know when’s the next train coming and on what platform. This app covers this precisely and does so in a beautiful, minimalistic design. Giving this a 5-star rating which it honestly deserves, and a well done to the lad who built it. 👏👏👏
Best Rail User App I’ve Found
When my previous favourite rail app stopped working (Train Times) I tried several others but none had two features I used most: a quick link to find the next trains home, and the ability to pin and follow a specific train. This app didn’t have either but a clean interface and I had work-arounds. Today’s V4 update added both my wanted extra features. Great so I’ve made the donation payment (£4.99) - well worth it.
Update Feb 2020: The new “Pro” option, requiring an annual subscription, has removed notifications of disruptions or engineering works from the standard version. Not a feature I really need but it was useful to be able to see them when I wanted. I initially removed one star for the change but, having had a reply from the author, I can accept it was an appropriate move.
The Best Train App in the Store
I commute daily by train, and this is the app I use all the time. It consistently beats the platform information boards and on train announcements with details of disruptions, platform changes and in particular short trains.
On one recent occasion the morning train was posted as being reduced by one coach to five, but when the train started three stops up the line from me ByTrain reported that it had dropped to three coaches. The platform display board still said five. When the train rolled in to my stop ByTrain was right, the platform display boards were wrong.
About the only change I’d like is to be able to pin my regular commute options, but that’s small given the benefit this app gives. Way ahead of anything else in the store.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander MacLeod
- 22.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Alexander MacLeod
- In-App Purchases
- ByTrain Pro £9.99
- Optional Donation £4.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.