Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Mojave
- Match System Preferences' Dark appearance
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Writing App
I have used Byword for many years and love the freedom it gives the user over some of the other markdown-based applications available, such as using any font and being able to use rich text instead of just plain text. However, the upgrades and features have pretty much dried up, meaning other apps have surpassed this as my go-to writer. I believe its missing one key feature that would bring me back instantly: an integrated library system so that I didn’t have to keep coming out of the app and going into Finder. I’m not suggesting it should rip off features from other applications, but the library system used in IA Writer is a perfect example. But other than that, a fantastic app.
Fits well in my workflow.
Wanted an app for a while, to allow quick clean note taking and idea capture, to save opening up large Scrivener projects / Scratchpad (not a fan). I have tried most equivalent apps and have found them either to messy or darn right comlpicated for the features they supply.
Byword though is clean, precise and does what it says on the tin, a very rare thing these days of pro versions etc. Well done to the makers for supplying a great tool for the writer who just wants to wite, not study the app manual.
Excellent Support for Markdown
Cheesy part: Im a longtime Byword user and love the cleanliness of this app, and the way it has evolved over time blah blah blah…
Useful part: It has excellent Markdown (including tables!) and HTML support. Only one slight issue that I have noticed thus far: when you link a photo from and iOS device’s photo app, then come to open the same doc on the Mac, I often encounter fidelity issues, mostly to do with orientation. Small bug.
AOB: This app has been in existence for a few years (5?), with regular updates.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.