Learn your favorite songs without tabs or sheet music.
Whether you play for the world or yourself, all musicians need a good ear for harmony, melody, and rhythm. Using the songs in your music collection, Capo guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to help you break them down to their individual parts. Capo’s unique technology helps you to learn your favorites quickly as you improve your ear along the way.
Capo is simple and yet so, so good, even the professionals use it:
“Capo is AMAZING!!! Very clutch. Especially when parts are kinda tough in the mix that I can’t make out easily. With other apps you lose quality, this still sounds correct.”
- Omar Edwards: Keyboardist/Music Director for Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, Eminem, and more
“When I sat down and started using Capo for the first time, I was amazed at how big a punch this little app packs! It's intuitive, convenient, and high-quality.”
- Rebecca Lovell: Lead Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Piano for Larkin Poe
(Read more at capoapp.com/testimonials)
*** HEAR THE SONG ***
Slow everything down, scrub to hear specific notes, and easily create regions that loop as you learn to play the tricky parts. Use Capo’s tools to isolate specific instruments and even vocals to learn any part of a song. With a couple simple switches, you can focus on the piano or eliminate everything to practice the guitar solo.
*** BREAK IT DOWN ***
Capo automatically guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to get you started. Change, add, or remove the detected chords easily with a few taps as you identify alternate chords and voicings.
*** PAUSE THE SESSION ***
Capo saves each song as a project, including the loop regions you set, chord changes, and even the playback position. Learn songs at your own pace and revisit them on any device thanks to iCloud sync for your projects.
*** SO MUCH MORE ***
* Transpose songs to different keys
* Rename regions to keep organized
* Beat detection estimates the tempo and helps snap regions
* Edit chords one at a time or globally
* Display chord diagrams for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, Bass, and now Piano
* Rock on southpaws! Capo has a left-handed chord box option
* Five different metronome sounds
* Learn more about Capo touch Pro below!
**NOTE**: Capo works with music you own, but cannot access streaming tracks from Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
* If you don’t own a particular track, Capo makes it simple to buy a DRM-free copy on the iTunes Store
*** GO PRO ***
The free version of Capo touch allows 60 seconds of playback per session and access to all features, including the chords, slowing, our isolation engine, and more.
For $19.99 per year, Capo touch Pro grants access to:
* Unlimited play time
* Auto-detected chords for entire songs
* All current features
* All upcoming Pro features in development
*** GO PLATINUM [NEW!] ***
For $49.99 per year, Capo Platinum gives you everything in Capo touch Pro *plus* the ability to unlock all the features in Capo for macOS.
All prices shown in this description are in USD. Exact prices may vary by region based on current exchange rates. Payment will be charged to your Apple ID Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off from Settings after purchase.
- Attention Platinum subscribers! Activation across all your devices is now automatic, and no longer requires the use of activation codes. Please ensure that iCloud Drive is enabled on all the iOS and macOS devices that you wish to activate, and all devices are updated to the latest version of Capo.
- Fixed the most common crashes that were reported by users. Thanks for your submissions and feedback!
We love hearing from our customers, so please leave a review on the App Store to share your positive experiences with others, or send us a support email if you have any questions for us. We're listening, and appreciate all your bug reports and feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. Feature requests!
Would it please be possible to introduce the following features:
Once a track has been loaded, allow user to move the start & end points so that they are removed like many Apple apps allow (e.g. QuickTime player, Movies video editor & Voice Memo app). I’m sure this is possible manually using a wave editor although most of the time I’m importing directly from Music app library. My use case for this is where I’m learning a particular solo on a track. Often, most of the track I load into Capo is irrelevant. If i could trim the track down to the particular solo, it would be so much easier to jump around and navigate the piece.
- Full track looping ability
This would be very useful alongside the trim feature detailed above. Currently, i think it’s only possible to continually loop regions.
I wrote to you a while back with a feature request asking to support nested regions (or overlapping regions). Well, I still very much want this feature, but it wouldn’t be as important if these two features were implemented.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for this feedback! The app shouldn't be hanging like this. We've made many significant enhancements to Capo touch since v2.4. We are now at v2.6.1 and would love for you to try out the latest update. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us directly at email@example.com.
Used to be good
Capo used to be excellent for transcribing as it contained just a few powerful tools that made the process a breeze. Now, I think it has become overburdened with features and is overly reliant on AI to interpret the rhythm and harmony of simple pop songs; essentially I feel it has become jack of all trades and master of none, which is a great shame when I think back to the brilliant app I bought several years ago.
This is by far one of my favourite go to apps its accurate and reliable, and the price plan is reasonable unlike some others that charge ridiculous amounts.
Reliable and constant updates, can’t rate this one high enough 👍👍👍👍
- SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
- 78.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Capo touch Pro - Yearly £18.99
- Capo touch Pro - Upgrade £8.99
- Capo Platinum - Upgrade £34.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.