Learn your favorite songs without tabs or sheet music.
Whether you play for the world or yourself, all musicians need a good ear for harmony, melody, and rhythm. Using the songs in your music collection, Capo guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to help you break them down to their individual parts. Capo’s unique technology helps you to learn your favorites quickly as you improve your ear along the way.
Capo is simple and yet so, so good, even the professionals use it:
“Capo is AMAZING!!! Very clutch. Especially when parts are kinda tough in the mix that I can’t make out easily. With other apps you lose quality, this still sounds correct.”
- Omar Edwards: Keyboardist/Music Director for Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, Eminem, and more
“When I sat down and started using Capo for the first time, I was amazed at how big a punch this little app packs! It's intuitive, convenient, and high-quality.”
- Rebecca Lovell: Lead Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Piano for Larkin Poe
(Read more at capoapp.com/testimonials)
*** HEAR THE SONG ***
Slow down playback, scrub to hear specific notes, and easily create regions that loop as you learn to play the tricky parts. Use Capo’s tools to isolate specific instruments and even vocals to learn any part of a song. With a couple simple switches, you can focus on the piano or eliminate everything to practice the guitar solo and make transcription easier.
*** BREAK IT DOWN ***
Capo automatically detects chords, beats, and the key of songs to get you started. Change, add, or remove the detected chords easily with a few taps as you identify alternate chords and voicings. Use Capo's structure song view to edit Capo's beat grid for songs with changing, or uncommon time signatures.
*** PAUSE THE SESSION (PRO) ***
With an active subscription, Capo saves the loop regions you set, chord changes, and even the playback position into Projects. Learn songs at your own pace and revisit them on all your devices using iCloud.
*** SO MUCH MORE ***
* Transpose songs to different keys
* Rename regions to keep organized
* Beat detection estimates the tempo and helps snap regions
* Edit chords one at a time or globally
* Display chord diagrams for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, Bass, and now Piano
* Rock on southpaws! Capo has a left-handed chord box option
* Five different metronome sounds
* Learn more about Capo touch Pro below!
**NOTE**: Capo works with music you own, but cannot access streaming tracks from Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
* If you don’t own a particular track, Capo makes it simple to buy a DRM-free copy on the iTunes Store
*** GO PRO ***
Without an active subscription, Capo touch will not save your edits to the chords, beats, regions, markers, or sections in your Projects.
For $19.99 per year, Capo touch Pro:
* Saves all your changes to Projects, which are synced across your devices
* Provides full access to upcoming features and improvements
* Helps support future development of the product
*** GO PLATINUM ***
For $49.99 per year, Capo Platinum gives you everything in Capo touch Pro *plus* the ability to unlock all the features in Capo for macOS.
All prices shown in this description are in USD. Exact prices may vary by region based on current exchange rates. Payment will be charged to your Apple ID Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off from Settings after purchase.
# New Features
## Larger Chord Sizes (iPad Only)
On the iPad, you can now choose to display chords with a larger size, making them easier to read in the PRACTICE, TABBING, and CHORDS song views. Note that using Capo in split-screen mode may override your size preference when there isn't enough room for the larger chords.
## Improved In-App Release Notes
Thanks to automatic updates, it's easy to miss out on the details of our ongoing work on Capo between larger releases. To keep you in the loop, we now ship Capo with a more comprehensive set of change history that goes all the way back to the 4.0 release that shipped in late 2019.
In future updates to Capo, you'll be prompted to view these release notes at your convenience, and you can revisit them at any time by selecting the What's New item in Capo's top-level settings screen.
* Chord boxes for 4- and 5-stringed instruments are now rendered slightly more narrow than the standard 6-string diagrams, which looks a little closer to what folks might expect
* Added support for a few chords that have been requested in support: 6add9 (aka 6/9), 7sus2, maj7sus2, 7sus4, and maj7sus4. (Note: You have to specify "6add9" in your chord searches, because "6/9" throws off our support for recognizing inversions. We plan to address this issue soon!)
# Bug Fixes
* On devices running iOS 12, projects that are received via AirDrop now get copied to the correct location, and no longer get lost when they are closed. (#1842)
* When browsing songs in your music library, the title for the back button no longer disappears (#1840)
* The control strip no longer displays a placeholder title, or grays out any active PLAYBACK buttons when you tap the folder icon to return to the list of projects. (#1774)
* When loading projects that have the playhead positioned near bar numbers greater than 100 in the PRACTICE song view, the bar label is no longer truncated. (#1835)
* When switching your instrument to something other than a guitar in standard tuning, Capo now correctly remembers this selection for new projects (#1803)
* Capo no longer takes you to an outdated (and apparently broken!) URL on Apple's servers when you attempt to change or cancel your subscription from the settings screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful yet convoluted
I loved Capo when I bought it 8 years ago. Since then, the app has been through many changes. It definitely is an all singing, all dancing program with powerful AI features, however I feel that usability and fluency have been compromised to accommodate the wealth of tools. I hope this could be streamlined and simplified to make the bread-and-butter features such as markers, regions, speed and pitch manipulation more prominent and user-friendly.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the additions to Capo, and we appreciate your candid feedback. But we'd invite you to share some further clarification on a few points. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this further, but in the meantime I'd like to address some of your points below.
> The AI beat and chord detection […] is of little use for music that isn't just triads in strict time.
While our new chord detector *can* detect far more than major/minor triads, no chord detector is perfect. This is why we offer extensive tools for you to override the automatically-detected chords.
As for the beat detection, one of the new features added to 4.0 was the ability to replace the detected beat grid. If you check out our blog, we just added a post today with a video that describes how you can use this new feature.
> […] muddies the interface and detracts from the app's overall functionality.
If you don't wish to use the chord- or beat-related features, you're welcome to switch to a time-based display by tapping on the bar/beat indicator, and you can also hide the detected chords entirely using the notation display settings, and choosing the 'None' option for chords.
> […] the basic functionality I paid for in the first place has been lost.
You'll have to help me understand this point, because we have been spending quite a bit of energy on adding functionality.
Even the "basics" have been extended quite a bit in the past 10 years, like the addition of the Transcription Playhead, the Isolation feature, and the separation of the Key / Pitch adjustments to name just a few.
Thanks again for your feedback!
Great app. Feature requests!
Would it please be possible to introduce the following features:
Once a track has been loaded, allow user to move the start & end points so that they are removed like many Apple apps allow (e.g. QuickTime player, Movies video editor & Voice Memo app). I’m sure this is possible manually using a wave editor although most of the time I’m importing directly from Music app library. My use case for this is where I’m learning a particular solo on a track. Often, most of the track I load into Capo is irrelevant. If i could trim the track down to the particular solo, it would be so much easier to jump around and navigate the piece.
- Full track looping ability
This would be very useful alongside the trim feature detailed above. Currently, i think it’s only possible to continually loop regions.
I wrote to you a while back with a feature request asking to support nested regions (or overlapping regions). Well, I still very much want this feature, but it wouldn’t be as important if these two features were implemented.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for this feedback! The app shouldn't be hanging like this. We've made many significant enhancements to Capo touch since v2.4. We are now at v2.6.1 and would love for you to try out the latest update. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us directly at email@example.com.
This is by far one of my favourite go to apps its accurate and reliable, and the price plan is reasonable unlike some others that charge ridiculous amounts.
Reliable and constant updates, can’t rate this one high enough 👍👍👍👍
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
- 58.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Capo touch Pro - Yearly £18.99
- Capo touch Pro - Upgrade £8.99
- Capo Platinum £44.99
- Capo Platinum - Upgrade £34.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.