Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile is scanning application software for the
P-150/208/208II/215/215II (with optional Wi-Fi unit WU10) and DR-C225W/DR-C125W.
CaptureOnTouch Mobile allows you to operate Canon imageFORMULA document scanners directly from your iOS devices.
The intuitive user interface enables you to scan paper documents with ease and to send scanned images to other applications.
- Simple menus for easy use
- Convert paper documents to PDF or JPEG format
- Can scan directly to your iOS device.
- Scan directly to cloud services or other applications
- Scanner settings include single (simplex) / double sided (duplex) / Skip Blank Page scanning, resolution (150 dpi / 300 dpi), scanning mode (color / grayscale), document size (A4 / LETTER / Auto-detection / Auto-detection by Text), Ultrasonic double feed detection (always effective with the DR-C125W/C225W)
- Canon imageFORMULA P-150/ 208/ 208II/ 215/ 215II with WU10
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-C225W
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-C125W (Europe only)
- iOS 10 support.
- Minor bug fix.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Have to reload app almost each time that you want to use it!
Very unreliable. Very often stops working. Finds the printer but comes up with arrow message “Unknown Fault” when I try to scan . Only way to get it working again is to delete the app and Re-install it . It then works until next time that you load it up and try to use it, although occasionally it does work a second time too.
Really awful for such an expensive scanner from such a major brand.
Fine but less functionality than with USB
Found the scanner easily enough. Offers options of simple shortcut presets or to customise the scan job. Two disappointments. It doesn’t recognise text on exported PDF documents and it takes a long time after pressing scan to actually do the scanning. Both of these problems might be more of an issue with the actual scanner than the app (it’s an imageFORMULA DR-C225W II).
Scanner not found
I was able to print on WiFi fron my phone without this app. I then wanted to scan something so I downloaded it. But the app can’t find my scanner. Very frustrating.
The developer, Canon Electronics Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Canon Electronics Inc.
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright Canon Electronics INC. 2012-201７
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.