Cara Care is the easiest way to monitor your digestive health. Developed by doctors, Cara Care helps you to understand the connection between your mind, gut, nutrition & wellbeing. Track food, stress, poop and tummy pain with a few taps. Add individual factors to create your own personalized health diary.
UNLIMITED ACCESS TO OUR BEST IN CLASS GUT HEALTH TRACKER
• Nutrition Tracker: Track what you eat daily and save time by adding food favorites, or taking pictures of your meal
• Poop Tracker: Record your bowel movements
• Symptom Tracker: Track bloating, constipation, diarrhea, tummy pain and more
• Medical Log: Record important information such as period/menstrual cycle, skin condition, workout, sleep, pain and medications.
• Apple Health: Integrates with the iOS Health App, so you can see the connection between your steps activity and your symptoms.
LEARN WHAT’S GOOD AND BAD FOR YOUR TUMMY
• Find patterns and triggers with the recorded data in the health diary
• Get direct insights from your health log by sharing your health diary in a click with your gastroenterologist, doctor, nutritionist or dietician
• Read science-based actionable articles
MAKE LIFE WITH IBS EASIER: JOIN A 12-WEEK PROGRAM BASED ON THE EXPERIENCE FROM 5,000 HOURS OF GUT HEALTH NUTRITION COUNSELLING
• 30+ science-backed actionable tips that answer common IBS challenges
• 12-week plan to implement the low-FODMAP diet, which is scientifically proven to relieve IBS symptoms
• Unlimited chat with registered dieticians (specialized in IBS nutrition)
• 80+ yummy gut-friendly recipes
• Extra resources and features as they're released
WHAT DO USERS SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAM
"With Cara Care, for the first time I had the feeling that someone wanted to help me. Thanks to the program, I felt much better! Of course there are problems here and there, but I have made a lot of progress and can enjoy eating again." – Phoebe
YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM CARA CARE IF
CARA CARE is designed for individuals with chronic gut conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), IBD (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and microscopic colitis), and gastritis. Additionally, our technology can help:
• Bowel problems such as acid reflux, dyspepsia, nausea, chronic abdominal pain, bloating
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with symptoms such as chronic bloating, tummy pain, constipation and diarrhea
• Short bowel syndrome, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), gastritis, celiac disease
• Skin problems such as shingles, hives, eczema, psoriasis and rashes
• Diets such as gluten-free, fructose-free, histamine-free and lactose-free, clean eating, healthy eating, keto
• Food intolerances and sensitivities such as dairy, lactose, cow's milk allergy, fructose, histamine, gluten/wheat
• Leaky gut syndrome & Candida albicans
• Period/cycle related digestive problems
• Eating disorders such as anorexia, binge eating & bulimiaSHARE YOUR LOVE AND IDEAS
Send your questions, suggestions and feedback to email@example.com
Find us on :https://cara.care
Great news: Our exclusive programs for IBS patients are now available in the app!
They include unlimited chat with a Registered Dietitian, nutrition and (coming soon!) mental health guides, and insights to help you get IBS under control. We’ve also added a food list to help guide you through the complexities of nutrition, which you can personalize with your favorites and filter out your own specific triggers or allergies.
Try it for free with no commitment, with a 14-day free trial.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs desperately to be updated. Is a good concept and tracks the right data but has simple technology that, as a result, gives incorrect correlations: It doesn’t recognise that eating something at the end of a day and then having terrible symptoms the next day could mean that the food is responsible only connecting it to the symptoms on the particular day it is eaten. You’re not allowed to decide for yourself if a day is good or bad and the app doesn’t allow contradicting symptoms aka if I have mild constipation in the morning and then really bad diarrhoea in the evening t says my symptoms are mild because of the constipation. I found my understanding of my best and worst days really contradicted what the app was telling me.
I’ve started to find it insulting: it’s clearly set up by someone who suffers from constipation, on my worst days it always tells me my symptoms are mild but f I have a half an hour bad stomach ache it’s one of my worst days. It’s infuriating and needs updating.
It also doesn’t recognise a lot of the foods I type in or medications - even Imodium, surely one of the most popular/well known medication for diarrheoa.
I’m keeping it in lieu of a food diary but it’s not very helpful with identifying my particular “bad foods.” It desperately needs an update of technology.
Developer Response ,
we’re sorry to hear about the struggles you had with our App. We want to address some of your concerns: there is a way to correlate your symptoms with the food from the previous day. This feature can be activated in settings in the dashboard view. To do this, go to the ‘Food on my best 3 days’ section, click on the wheel icon at the bottom and activate ‘Food from the previous day’.
Besides that, you can decide if you have good or bad days by simply tracking your symptoms, bad and good ones. Most people forget to track when they feel good, and only track their bad symptoms.
Another feature of our app is that symptoms, such as pain are considered to be worse than for example constipation or diarrhoea.
We are constantly working to improve and are already in the process of creating medication lists, but please bear with us, as that those kind of changes take time.
But there is no support
I want to love this app, but there are several troubles I am having with it. I’ve written in a few times, but no responses. Why is there no support? I’ve written in on the Intercom messenger over two weeks, and nothing. Here are my struggles after about 3 weeks of consistent tracking:
- One of the workout options is “I didn’t work out”. However, this option is grayed out unless you first select on the sliding scale “I did a light workout.” This doesn’t make sense. There is no way to actually list that I did not work out.
- There are time stamps for meals, etc. but no way to associate what you ate today with tomorrow, or if night or morning eating might be causing symptoms.
- “You ate X on your worst days.” Isn’t entirely helpful. Did I eat the food before or after the symptom? Did I drink the Coke because I was anxious, or did I get anxiety from the caffeine in the Coke? The time stamps are essential to the data, but it doesn’t really come into play other than when you list the food. Aside from that, it isn’t used in the analytics.
- Why does the water scale only go up to 5 glasses as the highest option, especially if someone is doing one entry a day?
- There are really weird UI glitches where the symptom bubbles all overlap as you scroll side to side. It’s driving me mad.
Good but needs work
The app itself is easy to use and I’ve found it helpful in tracking my bowel movements, however anything you track before 4am will save to the same time 24 hours before. I contacted the cara care team about this and they basically told me that’s how the app works and they can’t change it so deal with it. It seems like a huge mistake to have made and means all the data tracked in the early hours is wrong and won’t be accurate if you need to hand it over to a health professional. Such a daft mistake to have made...
*UPDATE following response from cara care* the message I received on the in app chat said ‘Everything added prior to 4am in the morning to going to be saved at the previous day. That’s a configuration of our app and can’t be changed’. They’ve only starting saying they’ll work on it since I left this review to make themselves look better.
Developer Response ,
we are happy that you like using our app. And as already mentioned in the individual chat with you, we are working on changing the time setting. Please bear with us as it will take time to make these changes.
- HiDoc Technologies GmbH
- 105.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Cara Care by HiDoc Technologies GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (limited promotion) £19.99
- Premium £129.99
- Trial subscription 2 weeks
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.