Carbo includes new drawing capabilities, iPad Pro / Apple Pencil / 3D Touch support, latest iOS: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts.
Carbo lets you capture and organize handwritten notes and sketches, bringing handwriting in the digital age, right on your iPhone and iPad. Carbo's innovative visualization technology sets you free from pixel artefacts, while preserving all expressiveness of your original drawings. Collect notes, design sketches, or whiteboard drawings. With Carbo, you do not draw on screen, but instead use your favorite pen and paper without any constraint.
Tag and annotate your notes for easy retrieval. Store them either on the device itself or in the cloud, with native support for iCloud, Evernote, and Dropbox. Finally, turn your notes and drawings into beautiful creations using a variety of handcrafted export styles and share them with the world.
• Hybrid visualization technology: note picture is cleaned up and turned into a highly accurate monochrome representation. Carbo’s innovative rendering technology offers both the advantages of vector (sharpness) and bitmap (easy editing) techniques.
• Image-based input options: take a new picture, import from camera roll, or import an image from iCloud Drive.
• Drawing support: highly accurate and natural sketching capabilities. Full support for iPad Pro Pencil & 3D Touch pressure sensitivity.
• Note editing: edit any part of your note, i.e. select, resize, relocate, or remove any element. Make strokes thinner or thicker.
• Annotations: add descriptive text to your note. These annotations are archived along with the image, and are globally searchable.
• Tag your notes. Tags are colored for easier detection, and will help you classify notes.
• Notes can be stored either on your device, or in the cloud using Evernote, Dropbox, and iCloud.
• Efficient file-based storage: typical note is 400KB instead of the usual 3MB JPEG of a photo.
• Export styles: choose among 7 beautifully handcrafted styles and their variants to customize your notes (Blackboard/chalks combos, Blueprint, Paper with several pen styles…).
• Up to 1200-dpi black-and-white high-fidelity exports for print.
• Many sharing options: Twitter, Facebook, AirDrop, Mail, Messages, iCloud Drive, Open in (another app)...
• Latest iOS Support: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts
** Help & Feedback **
Visit https://creaceed.com/carbo for more information. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated for the new iPad Pro
- Handling of new iPad Pro display sizes (11" and 12.9")
- Handling of new Apple Pencil double-tap gesture: switch to eraser, or last-used tool.
Ratings and Reviews
Carbon is a great little app; perfect for illustration with an iPad on the go.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! They're really appreciated. /TC
Such a useful app - its helped me to collaborate a whole load of notes that were in different places! It is so much cheaper than having to buy a whole bamboo spark, or some other tech - and the fact you just write with a normal pen and paper is great :) I also use it for when I have to take a picture of printed text, to make it clearer. The tech support team were also super friendly and helpful when I had some stupid questions for them, and replied very quickly and helpfully :)
Update bricks app
The update has bricked the app on my iPhone 6s. Pretty bad update. Just crashes when I click on it.
Developer Response ,
Hello. The new update is now available. Feel free to come back to us (email@example.com) should you encounter any further issues. Thanks. /TC
- Creaceed SPRL
- 55.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 - Creaceed SPRL
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.