Cardiac Device Challenge PRO is a unique iPad and iPhone application for healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients with implantable cardiac devices. It allows users to assess their knowledge and skills in case-based questions regarding pacemakers, implantable Cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT). Interesting and challenging cases from novice to expert level are included, ranging from basic pacemaker problems such as threshold measurements and sensitivity assessment to difficult differential diagnoses of ventricular tachycardias and CRT failures. The app will hence be useful both for everyday clinical practice as well as for board exam preparation (general cardiology, EHRA, IBHRE etc.).
For each case, programmer strips, device settings, ECG, radiographs and / or other features (if available) can be viewed. However, in contrast to conventional paper-based cases, this app takes advantage of the full functionality of the iPad and iPhone. As such, users are able to
- Scroll programmer strips, device settings, questions, comments etc.
- Enlargen objects (rhythm strips, ECGs, radiographs etc.) for better visibility of even small details
- Easily go back and forth between different questions and answers
- Set a variety of filters, including type of device (pacemaker, ICD, CRT), manufacturer and difficulty level
- Mark special questions for further assessment and review
- Review questions and answers (with filters, e.g. in order to review only those questions with wrong answers etc.)
- Take mock examinations
- View his / her own statistics
This app will be of great value (and fun)
- for board certified cardiologists to brush up their knowledge
- for cardiologists in training
- for allied health care professionals (specialized nurses, nurse practioners, technicians etc.)
- for other healthcare professionals who wish to review and increase their knowledge and skills on cardiac devices.
The free app contains 4 sample questions. Further questions (currently total of 150 questions!) are available as in-app purchase.
only ios 8 support
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but £80 good?
The app is a good revision tool. Easy to navigate, with a good selection of cases and clear corresponding traces. The answers are equally well explained. The big problem is you only get 5 questions free. Each subsequent 45 questions cost £20. To unlock all 200 will set you back £80 - I’ll stick to books for now.
Good quality app. Well laid out with clear tracings and printouts, but......you only get 5 questions free before being asked to pay for more. Would have been nice to have been made aware of that before downloading 180mb of an app.
Great if studying for exam
Great if studying for exam like HRUK or IBHRE.
- CorXL Ltd.
- 238.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CorXL LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Additional Questions 5-50 £19.99
- Additional Questions 51-100 £19.99
- Additional Questions 101-150 £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.