Career Ear is a platform for young people to ask professionals career-related questions to enable them to make informed decisions about their futures. Questions can range from preparing for an interview or what to expect on your first day in the office! Some questions are sector specific whilst others can be answered by any professional!
• Young people in education or who have finished studying recently
• Professionals in any industry
Platform for young people to ask career-related questions and get instant careers advice directly from real professionals
• The age of the “career adviser” is over. The people best placed to answer your burning career-related questions are the professionals doing those jobs right now!
• For too long, young people across the UK who lack the right contacts or networks struggle to get advice on their future careers.
• Now all young people have the opportunity to ask questions of professionals across the UK.
• Now all young people can make informed decisions about their future careers.
• Now young people from less advantaged backgrounds don’t have to be at a disadvantage when making decisions about their careers.
• Now professionals can easily give back to young people across the UK by providing valuable advice based on their own experiences.
Specific features include:
• Create a profile with a photo and short bio to put your questions or answers into context for other app users
• Ability for young people to ask questions or just check out answers in response to questions asked previously
• Useful tips for students and professionals to help you write the best questions and answers
• Upvote useful answers to boost a professional’s ratings
• Access to search and apply for jobs
• Access to The Student Development Co.’s video content including our infamous Ask A Professional interviews
• Distinct features depending on whether you are a student or professional making the app easy to use
• Helpful navigation tutorial demonstrating how to use the app
Ratings and Reviews
I used the app to get some further knowledge and information about UK Corporate Law, in particular, AML and Compliance roles. I received a very swift turn around to my question and received some useful suggestions for law firms looking for graduate candidates in that field.
Great concept & app
Loving it so far!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.