This app is for CARERS only - if you are looking for the OWNER app download this
An easy to use app that lets a carer manage bookings, messages, and keep up to the minute with new pet care opportunities in their area. The app makes it simple for a carer to record and email maps of a walk, send a pet owner photos and communicate with a pet owner via messaging.
Record walks, email them to dog owner - a better service
• Owners love feeling more involved with their dog's daily activities, and the Tailster app shows them that you are providing a fun, healthy and enjoyable walking service for their pet.
• The app automatically keeps track of every walk you take the dog on, and at the end of each walk automatically emails both you and the dog owner with the date, duration and route of the walk.
• Because the app stores each walk on your mobile phone, and also sends you an email about it, you'll have a record of every walk you go on - no disputes over which days the dog was walked and for how long
Take photos and immediately send them to the dog owner
• Very simple photo features allow you to take photos of the dog/pet which are then automatically sent to the owner and stored online on the pet's gallery
In-app messaging lets you easily communicate with a pet's owner and see a history of your messages
• Keep up to date with new, local pet care opportunities and manage communications with owners
• Manage bookings, listings and messages
• Automatically keep a record of every walk and have payments settled electronically
Win new business
• Demonstrate to potential and existing clients that you deliver a fantastic service that they will trust and their dogs will love.
• Owners are flocking to Tailster because of this technology and will soon be demanding it from their walkers - get ahead of the pack and start using it today.
Using the app
• You'll need to sign up for a free Tailster account (https://tailster.com) and sign up to become a walker or sitter.
• Whenever you are taking a dog out for a walk, you'll see the name of the dog shown in the Bookings tab of the app.
• Press the 'Track walk' button, and you'll see your location shown on a map.
• Press 'Start' when you are about to begin your walk and the app will track your location and progress.
• When you finish your walk, press the 'Stop' button.
• The app immediately sends an email to the owner containing a route map of the walk, the distance you walked and when it started and stopped.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- This release brings copy changes to 'messages' so the experience now mirrors the website.
- Improved links to T&C's.
Ratings and Reviews
Improvements need to be made
Firstly, the search feature could be a lot better. After scrolling through various listings and making a quote, you then return to the listing menu but the app will take you right to the top of the list of jobs again... meaning you have to keep scrolling down through hundreds of jobs you’ve already seen EVERY time you quote somebody new.
Also - to back up another reviewer - the lack of trust Tailster has for its dog walkers is sad. They are often bugging you and your clients to ensure the booking goes forward. It honestly puts clients off... They’ll book in their own time! And yes, you will still get your 15% Tailster 😂
The app is buggy in general but I will see what the new update brings. The main reason I still use Tailster is because, well.. who wants to pay that ridiculous fee of £250 for accepting payments outside of the app? PER CUSTOMER! Not I.
I’m so far into it now my clients have to stay on Tailster and l do I... I just hope they improve! 💔
Crashes TOO OFTEN!
Honestly the worst app I’ve ever dealt with. It’s purpose is very beneficial to me as a pet carer but I constantly have to log in directly on the website through my browser because if I write a reply to anyone and scroll back to read what they’ve said the whole page goes blank and I have to close and reload the app. They are very fast to chase you up on bookings and remind you to do everything through them for commission but the quality of the app makes bookings tiresome work for all parties. It’s been an ongoing issue for over a year. I continue to use it as part of my work but it’s the worst functioning app I’ve encountered. I also don’t think the way bookings are set up is very practical - with pet owners leaving adverts for carers to give quotes for. It would save all parties a lot of time if owners directly contacted and booked with local carers.
Worst app I have ever used!
I’m genuinely shocked that a company could use such a terrible app and not update it, especially after the amazing amount of bad reviews. It’s useless, every time you go back from quoting a job the search resets loosing your filter settings and position, so you have to start all over again. I literally carnt be bothered using the app anymore and have to search and quote on the computer, not ideal when your out and about all the time. Plus the lack of trust is horrible, half way through a conversation with a potential client, Tailster start messaging telling you to make sure to book through the app, it puts clients off. This app needs vast improvements, after all the concept is good.
- Dog Stay Limited
- 52.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Tailster
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.