Structural / Civil Engineering App for static elastic analysis of general 3D space-frames.
Ideally suited to students and engineers looking for an easy-to-use analysis tool, Space Frame S is a good progression for those familiar with our 2D apps and student app Intuition.
With CASA SF-S an engineer can create 3D structural models of space-frames and obtain both the numerical results and graphical representation of the deflections and forces. There is an emphasis on quick and precise modelling with graphical interaction. Results are graphically interactive with a sliding readout of numerical results at any point along a member.
More information about this App can be found in its integrated help and on our website. The App also contains "Replay Demonstrations" which describe and enact its use.
=== General Technical Features ===
* Automatic analysis.
* Integrated extensive section library:
- British, European, American, Canadian, Australian, South African, Japanese, Russian.
- See our website for the range of shapes.
* Integrated section generator for common shapes:
- Open: I/H, channel, zed, angle, tee.
- Hollow: Oval, Rectangular.
- Solid: Oval, Rectangular.
- Calculates: Area, Inertia, Torsional constant, Elastic moduli, mass.
* Integrated material library:
- Steel, Aluminium, Concrete, Timber, Glass.
- User materials can be added.
* Member ends can be rigid or pinned.
* Loads applied as point, couple, trapezoid.
* Multiple load-cases.
* Gravity (self-weight) loading.
* Factored load-case combinations.
* Graphical and numerical results include:
- Reactions, deflections, bending moments, shear forces, bending stress.
- Points of interest.
- Results given all along members.
=== General User Interface Features ===
* Universal App - for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
* Metric & imperial units.
* Four simple interactive screens:
- Geometry, Loading, Results: for interacting with the model.
- Utilities: Supplementary functions (see below).
* Easy modelling:
- Tap to select; tap to edit.
- Move and copy geometry.
- Slide nodes along members.
- Change member spans.
- Split members.
- Replicate loading across members.
* Graphical drag-and-tap controls:
- Rotate, pan, zoom the view with simple gestures.
- Drag nodes for positions.
- Drag loads for positions and magnitudes.
- Drag marker along member to read off results values.
- Tap on Points of Interest for important results.
- Select nodes to measure distances, angles, and areas between them.
* Numeric entry available:
- Double-tap on a datum to enter its numerical value.
- Includes a convenient built-in calculator.
* Straightforward section library:
- Pick from country, shape, and size.
- View diagram and properties.
- For custom shapes, double-tap on dimensions to edit.
- Axes can be rotated by 90 degrees.
* Report generation:
- Configurable content.
- Graphical layout.
- On-screen preview.
- Export PDF by e-mail.
* Supplementary functions:
- Document titles.
- Choice of unit system (UK/EU Metric, US Imperial).
- On-line help.
- Load, save, and export models.
The app now uses the standard iOS file browser, and we recommend saving any current documents and closing the app prior to updating. On first launch, if it opens in the "Recents" files tab, then browse to "On my iPad" and then to this app's documents. If the app were not fully closed prior to updating then the documents folder may appear empty when first opened, in which case close the app in the iOS home page and relaunch it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intesym Ltd.
- 5.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Intesym Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.