Taking control of your finances means understanding the the flow of cash through your account. Looking at your regular income against your recurring expenses lets you know how much cash you have to spend or how much you need to cut back. CashForecaster gives exactly this insight by allowing you to simply describe the flow of cash through your account and make a chart of your position.
Multiple sets of expenses can be managed easily and effectively so you can look at your finances, your business's or even the running costs of your car independently.
This is a great tool for getting an overview of your financial situation, evaluating the viability of a business venture, or tracking your regular expenses.
- Added a cursor across the balance graph to highlight the selected day. This tracks with the selected balance in the balances drawer. You can step back and forth across the graph by selecting a balance in the balances drawer and using up- and down-arrow.
- Change how revenue/expenses are entered, there is now a button on the entry sheet to swap between a revenue and an expense item. You can still use a minus sign or "(nn)" to enter an expense as before.
- Running balance is now shown in the Balances drawer.
- Swapped cmd-N and cmd-shift-N so that the more common even of creating a new revenue/expense item uses cmd-N.
- There's a new option to selected expired expenses (where expired means they ended before today). If desired they can be deleted using cmd-delete.
- The balances drawer wasn't selecting the correct date when the graph was clicked while "hide empty" was checked. This works correctly now.
Ratings and Reviews
Before I bought this, I was using Numbers to do a cashflow forecast, no more. This is a really simple tool that does the job very well without the maintenance needed to keep a spreadsheet up to date. Many thanks to the developers for this App!
I like this program because it is simple and effective. Much easier than using a spreadsheet. Planning your expenditure, seeing where problems might pop up in the future and deciding how much I should save...all this things became very easy with CashForcaster. There are a lot of products on the App Store for financial planning. This is very cheap and does very well all the things that most people need. If possible, I'd like to see a second line put on the chart, with savings going up. This constructed by putting a third option in the data input dialogue (e.g. Revenue/Expense/SAVINGS - suggest colour - blue).
Just downloaded latest version, no button to switch exps./income, no running totals, cannot contact email address supplied..
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.