Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
1. New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $29.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Fixed the CarPlay crash issue - Sorry about that commuters!
- Fixed the New Episode Management selection bug.
More exciting stuff coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
The only issue we have with podcasts today? Keeping track of all of the good stuff. Castro acts as our podcast personal assistant. Once we’d rifled through the app’s vast (and we mean vast) offering, Castro helped us prioritise and organise what we wanted to hear—and clear our in-tray by deleting them once we’d listened.
Designed for Podcasts and podcast listeners. Brilliant app.
Many podcast apps are designed to be like "traditional" music or audio players and as such they have features that mimic those style applications. Castro however is built from the ground up specifically for podcasts and with podcst consumption at its heart and has none of the other baggage. If you subscribe to a lot of podcasts with some that you listen to every episode and some you dip in and out of, with other applications you will probably find you lose episodes of the podcasts you dip in and out of unless you spend time building multiple playlists (which you then have to manage and listen to) or triaging long episode queues directly Castro avoids this very elegantly. With Castro its super easy to queue up episodes as they hit your inbox and order them on the fly. If you want to skip an episode then its super easy just to archive it and move on. You can auto-queue podcasts you listen to all the time and quickly triage your inbox for those that you pick and choose. Castro is the only app that supports podcasts in the way they should be consumed (in my opinion) in that it is designed to surface all your subscriptions easily and allows you to manage episodes very quickly. I have discovered untold great content thanks to Castro. It is a well thought out, first class and genius application. If you are a podcast lover, this is the only choice for you.
The best podcast app
I've used a few different podcast apps over the years, but Castro's the one that feels really special. The queue took a while to get comfortable with, but it's a really smart way of organising what you're going to listen to. Want to give a podcast a go? Just add a couple of episodes straight to the queue, without having to subscribe. Genius. The whole app is a delight to use, with lovely animations everywhere that enrich the experience (my top three: tapping play/pause, tapping an already-selected tab, and scrubbing two fingers up and down to swap between day and night mode – this last one is incredible, do it slowly and marvel). Castro also now has support for dragging and dropping any number of episodes at once. It’s the best use I’ve yet seen of iOS 11’s drag and drop support.
Version 3 brings an entirely new player screen with new audio options, chapter and episode artwork support, filling in all the remaining features that you might miss coming from another podcast app. It’s a no-brainer – just get it!
Developer Response ,
Thanks Alex! We put a fair bit of time into those little animations; it's so great to hear from users who enjoy them! 🐙
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tiny Podcast Company Ltd.
- 112.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2022 Tiny Podcasts
- In-App Purchases
- Castro Plus Annual £29.99
- Castro Plus Monthly £4.99
- Castro Plus Quarterly £4.99
- Early Supporter Special £17.99
- Castro Plus Family Plan £49.99
- Early Supporter Family Plan £26.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.