CC2 - Castles and Coltheart 2 12+
CC2 childrens reading test
SCIPILOT PTY LTD
- Offers In-App Purchases
The Castles and Coltheart Test 2 (CC2) assesses the functioning of the key processes in single word reading: sounding-out ability and whole word recognition ability.
- Run a CC2 test session in under 10 minutes.
- Automated stop-rules to keep test sessions smooth.
- Automated percentile and Z-score calculations for regular, irregular, and non-words.
- Practice marking before you buy.
- Hear correct pronunciations of all the words before you buy.
More about the CC2:
Sounding-out ability involves converting printed letters into their corresponding sounds, and is assessed by accuracy in reading aloud* nonwords* (nonsense words), such as /gop/. Whole word recognition ability involves accessing stored knowledge about familiar words, and is assessed by accuracy in reading aloud *irregular words*, such as /yacht/, which cannot be read correctly via sounding-out rules.
The test also includes *regular words*, such as /cat/, which can be read correctly via either sounding-out or whole word recognition processes. The full test consists of 40 regular words, 40 irregular words and 40 nonwords, which are presented one-at-a-time, in mixed order, and with gradually increasing difficulty. A stopping rule is applied separately for each item type, with presentation discontinuing after five consecutive items are read incorrectly.
The test has been normed on over 1000 Australian children aged from 6 years 0 months to 11 years 6 months. The on-line version of the test calculates a separate accuracy score for each item type and converts this to a "z score" for the child's age based on the normative data.
This app has been developed from the CC2 literacy assessment tool created by Macquarie University Centre for Reading.
Test Results are now stored online, and can be accessed later the the Motif web app Test Log.
We've added a Subject Code field to help you identify children, without us storing any personally identifiable information (PII). Their name is not stored online, only on the device. This allows you to print or share a report that includes the child's name, before you run another subject test session.
We've also made a few tweaks to make the app more user-friendly.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SCIPILOT PTY LTD
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022 Scipilot Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 500 CC2 Results Sheets £499.99
- 160 CC2 Results Sheets £249.99
- 50 CC2 Results Sheets £149.99
- 20 CC2 Results Sheets £89.99
- 5 CC2 Results Sheets £24.99
- 1 CC2 Result Sheet £4.99
- 800 CC2 Results Sheets £799.99
- 70 CC2 Results Sheets £199.99
- 20 CC2 Results Sheets £99.99
- 5 CC2 Results Sheets £29.99