Our CoverageMap app empowers you to test network performance in areas where you live, work, and play. Not only does testing performance in your neighborhood provide you with useful insights, but the data you produce also helps carriers improve the quality of your mobile life.
The newest version of the app for iOS has expanded the functionality and ease of use found in previous versions to give you a personal network testing and comparison tool that’s better than ever. And whether you’re already familiar with our CoverageMap app or simply curious about testing mobile network performance in your neighborhood, you’ll quickly see how easy it is to get started.
• Improved user interface. Our updated app not only boasts a beautiful new user interface, but it also makes it easy to find and select the options and settings you want to use before running a test. Plus, easily identify areas that have yet to be tested, and be the first to put yourself on the map.
• A world of results on an expanded dashboard. Your test results can tell you a great deal about your daily mobile life. Get a broader understanding of your findings with new stats such as moving averages, histories, and more.
• Personalize your results. Wondering how performance with your carrier of choice compares between the office and at home? Now you can find out. Easily select multiple hexes on the map to compare your results, and find out if others are having the same experience.
• Test how you want, when you want. Set your device to automatically run performance tests continuously, or sample network conditions in the background. Stop a test at any time with either setting. When you turn background collection on, you anonymously contribute information about your device’s data performance without using your data plan.
• We want to hear from you. While we love to see more and more data points appear on the map, you can also tell us about your experience in your own words. Whether it’s something you feel requires our attention, or you just want to say you’ve had a great experience testing performance, we want to hear from you.
Enjoying the app? Please rate it and leave your comments in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Fixed a crash affecting users on iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
it works but im not on vodaphoneNL
works but im on ee and dual sim cards
e sim is ee and hard sim is VodaphoneNL/ world sim
im in the uk
fix dual sim bug please apple knows about it
Don’t waste your data allowance
Consistently fails to update the map. Sometimes it works but mostly doesn’t.
Send an email and you get an automated response. But never an answer to the question. Arrogant people.
I like this app, it's a quick way to measure your connection speed whilst building up the map of coverage in your area. I hope the mobile phone companies view the results and try to improve the poorer areas as a result.
The continuos testing is good, I quite often leave mine on continuos on drives around the country. I would prefer if you could run it as a background test without having to keep the app on the screen, or allow me to have the option to test with the screen locked as keeping the screen on drains the battery and puts me off testing.
- Root Wireless, Inc.
- 29.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010–2018 RootMetrics. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.