Our CoverageMap app empowers you to test network performance in areas where you live, work, and play. Not only does testing performance in your neighborhood provide you with useful insights, but the data you produce also helps carriers improve the quality of your mobile life.
The newest version of the app for iOS has expanded the functionality and ease of use found in previous versions to give you a personal network testing and comparison tool that’s better than ever. And whether you’re already familiar with our CoverageMap app or simply curious about testing mobile network performance in your neighborhood, you’ll quickly see how easy it is to get started.
• Improved user interface. Our updated app not only boasts a beautiful new user interface, but it also makes it easy to find and select the options and settings you want to use before running a test. Plus, easily identify areas that have yet to be tested, and be the first to put yourself on the map.
• A world of results on an expanded dashboard. Your test results can tell you a great deal about your daily mobile life. Get a broader understanding of your findings with new stats such as moving averages, histories, and more.
• Personalize your results. Wondering how performance with your carrier of choice compares between the office and at home? Now you can find out. Easily select multiple hexes on the map to compare your results, and find out if others are having the same experience.
• Test how you want, when you want. Set your device to automatically run performance tests continuously, or sample network conditions in the background. Stop a test at any time with either setting. When you turn background collection on, you anonymously contribute information about your device’s data performance without using your data plan.
• We want to hear from you. While we love to see more and more data points appear on the map, you can also tell us about your experience in your own words. Whether it’s something you feel requires our attention, or you just want to say you’ve had a great experience testing performance, we want to hear from you.
Enjoying the app? Please rate it and leave your comments in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
• Speed test now detects when your iPhone is using a 5G network.
• Addressed crashes experienced by some users during speed tests.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Map for coverage
Map legends colours unclear to match colours on screen. Print is also very feint and too small even for good eyes. Otherwise, very useful if clarity could be included.
Works fine for me
There are several reviewers who say the app doesn’t work. I’ve used it for several years and the only issue I have is that map transparency could be better. It is often hard to see the map under the coloured hexagons.
It is infinitely better than any other network coverage tool I can find.
This version is broken - please fix it
It no longer connects to the 4G O2 internet on my iPhone X (iOS 13.2.3) and gives Error 65 message. WiFi was turned OFF and it pretended to send data before announcing “Test failed - no internet connection (65)”
It will pick up WiFi when I turned it on, and ran properly (including message that speed results would not be added to the map).
I rebooted the iPhone several times during the tests I ran, no improvement.
I’ve deleted the app then reloaded it from the AppStore to make sure it was latest version - it is and it doesn’t work!!!
- Root Wireless, Inc.
- 7.6 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010–2020 RootMetrics. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.