Rediscover the original iOS music experience, with a modern iOS look.
"...back to local music with [Cs] and I have never been happier."
– Nilay Patel, Editor-in-Chief, The Verge
• Works with your iTunes Library automatically
• Classic design with rearrangeable tabs, full-width album artwork and landscape mode
• Powerful sorting and display options
• View track details, metadata & tagged lyrics
• Personalize your look with custom themes
Cs requires Music.app be installed.
Few things to address with this update:
1) This is a quick update with general Crashlytics fixes. Ironically, the #1 issue looks like it was embedded in the Crashlytics framework itself, and those have been updated as well. I've seen a few reports from users experiencing repeated crashes on iOS 14. I hope that is addressed, but I've had trouble reproducing the issue myself. If you experience crashes on launch on iOS 14.0.1 or later, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
2) I have much bigger plans for updates! Once PlayTally is released, I plan to look at give Cs some love, including grid layouts and proper iPad support. Stay tuned!
3) Speaking of PlayTally, it's now free to preorder. If you think you might be interested in being able to quickly access your Apple Music listening stats and trends, check out http://playtally.mclay.dev!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Apple should hire this guy
The app is certainly an improvement over the anaemic-looking, featureless Music app, with its clunky headers and awkward interface. To give just one example, Music is almost unusable with long song or album names found in classical music or jazz. Cesium handles these much better by scrolling the title faster when you tap and hold on the song. Why is such an intuitive feature beyond Apple these days?
I had vowed not to get another iPhone as Music/iTunes are so nasty to use these days, but this app might have turned me.
My only problem is the app can be a bit sluggish at times, particularly when playing a song from a cold start.
A return to the golden age of Apple’s iOS design
Absolutely love this app and would highly recommend to anyone who still uses their local library. As someone who’s always listened to a lot of music not available on the UK iTunes store/streaming platforms, local files are the only way to listen to the music I love and this app is the only way to enjoy it without the current clunky, ugly design Apple’s Music app has.
One addition I’d love is the option to turn on a player colour function that picks out the dominant cover from the album artwork of the song playing (I loved how that looked previously on both the app and desktop version of iTunes; so aesthetically pleasing).
Also, if there were to be an option to play locally downloaded music videos inside the app too (or perhaps even in a separate app) that would be another great addition!
Nice app design but not a replacement for the music app
I purchased this app as a replacement for the now totally ruined Apple Music app - which I would be quite happy to never use again.
Sadly this app doesn’t allow playlist creation or editing citing technical reasons with syncing with iTunes - personally I think iTunes is aweful (I very rarely use the sync) and would be quite happy if this app just did its own playlist thing, but I’m left slightly lighter in pocket and still no better off.
It’s a shame this app also doesn’t address the gap left my the now missing Apple Genius function - I’ve a large music library and would like a way to help me rediscover tracks I’ve forgotten about, some form of search for rarely played files or perhaps picking random tracks from the same genre I’m listening to would be really useful.
So, a nice player app but sadly not the solution that allows me to relegate to Apple app to help bin.
- Mike Clay
- 4.9 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Michael Clay
- In-App Purchases
- Unbelievable Tip £4.99
- Amazing Tip £2.99
- Generous Tip £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.