Character Folio is an easy-to-use program for anyone that wants to capture information about a character they’re creating. Whether you’re a novelist, a screenwriter, a game designer, or even a writer of comic books, Character Folio allows you to store a wealth of information about your characters in one easy-to-manage location.
From blood-type to biography, special abilities to biggest secret, Character Folio gives you a simple, organised, tabbed structure to keep track of all your character's details.
- Store multiple characters per folio - have a folio for each of your projects.
- A tabbed folder of information for each character, providing easy access to all their data.
- Six main information sections: Vitals, Personality, Health, Beliefs, Biography, and Notes.
- Store information about multiple special abilities.
- Family and social relationships including loved ones, friends, enemies, and social groups.
- 'Scrap Notes', for any additional information and fields specific to your story or project.
- Eight reports detailing all the data captured about your character, including print and PDF options.
- Image Library, store multiple images against each character.
Character Folio is designed to get you thinking about your character. It isn’t designed to hold every last drop of information about them, as that would be impossible, but hopefully it gives you a start on designing rounded and believable people to populate your stories. Character Folio also doesn’t adhere to any particular character creation methodology; you’re free to store as much or as little information as you like.
Note that Character Folio is not an automated character creation tool - any details for characters are thought up by you, the author.
Ratings and Reviews
A good start to building character
This is a good start to character building - and a good way of storing infomation about your characters. It asks questions you might not have thought of and allows you to bring all the information together at the end as a report. However, I found some of the boxes didn't give enough room for information, which was quite limiting and, after a while, irritating. To sum up, as I have already said, this is a good package that allows you to start building your character and to store information but hopefully the next version will be fuller and allow more information to be submitted.
- Craig Romans
- 11.5 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Craig Romans 2012
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.