Chargie is your phone's overnight charging best friend. It makes your battery last much longer than if you had charged it regularly to 100% all night, every night.
Charging your phone every night to 100% and keeping the battery like this for 8 hours is one of the main culprits behind early battery failure. We're here to change that.
Chargie is an app+hardware phone charge limiting solution that makes your battery last for much longer than if you had charged it regularly to 100% all night, every night.
Here's how it works:
1. For the app to work, you need to get your Chargie USB device from https://chargie.org.
2. Insert the device into your regular charger and the phone cable into Chargie.
3. Install the app on your phone.
4. Set the charge percentage you need for the next day.
5. Go to sleep.
Chargie takes control of the power flow following an algorithm that decreases battery temperature and voltage related stress, throughout the 8 hours of nighttime charging.
This will dramatically increase battery and phone lifespan because of the way lithium ion chemistry works.
By charging through a Chargie device, your phone not only lasts for more years, but has also a much lower carbon footprint. Present-day smartphones are still a good fit even after three years, if their performance is not throttled by the OS because of poor battery health.
Moreover, you'll be able to resell your old phone for more when you decide to change it, because it will be Chargie Certified, and this will be a guarantee of the protection of its battery.
We have DHL shipping available, so you can get your Chargie tomorrow if you live in NY or anywhere in the EU. If not, shipping takes 3 days at most, in any part of the world, so you can be up and running in no time.
- added Cold Unplug option under Settings. This can make your Chargie detect unplugs even when power is off.
- added Disable device check option under Settings. This will make your Chargie app connect directly to the device if there are no other Chargie devices close by. It will improve connection times and will even make the app work with some very slow-reacting wireless chargers.
- fixed new name faulty persistency after rename operation
Ratings and Reviews
Great Hardware and App
If you intend to keep your device for a long time, then looking after the battery is important, and this clever system helps me do that easily. You just set the threshold for when to stop charging, and the app tells the usb stick to stop charging your phone when it hits that threshold, limiting wear on the battery.
I do wish there was shortcuts integration, so we can trigger the app when a battery threshold is reached, in case the app has been closed in the background, but I try to leave the app open in the foreground to make sure it doesn’t stop controlling.
Data passthrough with CarPlay would also be a *huge* boon, but I realise there may be technical complications that make this more difficult.
Great App but you need the hardware too
What a great idea, to control exactly how the battery charges to increase it’s longevity.
You need the hardware charging dongle for it to work which are around £30-£35 each.
Some of the options in the app are a bit confusing, however the developer does respond to email questions and he’s told me there’s an update coming which will clarify things further.
So far though it’s working great and on multiple iOS devices too - recommended.
Useless app, useless product!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ovidiu Sandru
- 3.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Ovidiu Sandru