ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* OMEMO for a mobile-friendly alternative to OTR.
* Tor integration for easy access to XMPP .onion services.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
►► ChatSecure Donations
Subscribe to ChatSecure to help make developing free and open source privacy tools sustainable. We welcome any contribution to support ongoing development. The donation levels are currently $2.99/month, $5.99/month or $19.99/month. Here's what you get:
• Feel good supporting indie software
• Continued development and updates
• Help keep the app free for everyone
To manage your subscription:
• You can turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Fix issue where fingerprint trust settings cannot be saved
* Improved launch performance, reduced binary size and memory usage
* Tor 0.4.0.5
* SQLCipher 4.2.0
* Update 3rd party dependencies
Ratings and Reviews
Great stuff but a few things u guys should consider to improve ux..add the iPhone lists search bar with the letters on the left and improve scrolling! Add tab below with messages groups..and some more options..!and it should allow receiving messages! It looks like it doesn't receive messages
Actually fixes crashing, no
The new update still doesn’t fix the crashing
Works, but problem
I think it is something on my end maybe, but when I type the send button is covered, so I cannot send my messages. Maybe you could move the send button a little higher?
- Chris Ballinger
- 73.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 ChatSecure Developers
- In-App Purchases
- $2.99 Donation £2.79
- $5.99 Donation £5.49
- $9.99 Donation £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.