This app reads virtual smartcards and other compatible skills cards.
Virtual smartcards are cards that are stored on a smartphone or tablet using an app called Vircarda.
Checarda is an app that allows you to check a cardholder’s details using iPhones or iPads.
Your device reads information directly from a secure, short-life QR Code and displays an image of the smartcard on your screen, along with all the data that is held on the card.
Reading a card electronically not only reduces the possibility of card fraud, but also makes capturing and storing smartcard details much quicker and more efficient.
This app works online, accessing the most up-to-date information, as well as offline. So, if you can’t get a phone signal, you can still read basic details from the QR Code that proves the virtual smartcard is genuine.
It is easy to use:
• Open the app;
• Touch the 'SCAN A QR CODE' button;
• Read the QR code (from approx. 10cm away);
• An image of the card appears;
• Touch the card image to view the back of the card;
• Touch the Core Data tab to view qualifications;
• Repeat this process to read more virtual smartcards.
Additional functionality and settings accessed via the drop-down menu are:
1 Card List - shows all the cards you have read;
• Sort – by date, name or expiry date;
• Filter – by today, last 3 days, last week, last month and all cards;
• Export to iCloud – select an export file format (XML or CSV) and upload this to your iCloud drive.
• Save Images – save an image of the smartcard (front and back) into your pictures folder;
•My Device Name – add a friendly device name that will be used to identify this device as the reader of a card.
Other Data now includes categories.
Minor fixes and UI updates.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.