The course is based on the 3 other courses: Beginners to Club, Chess Strategy for Beginners and Total Chess Endings. We carefully selected tasks that are not so easy to play, but not so complex to study. The material is adapted to beginners, and contains a large number of explanations and hints.
Much attention is devoted to methods to win having an extra pawn. But we also recommend to pay attention to the technique of standard mates (starting with mates by heavy pieces and ending with mates by bishop and knight).
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1.1. Pawn endings
1.2. Rook endings
1.3. Bishop endings
1.4. Knight endings
1.5. Rook against bishop endings
1.6. Bishop against knight endings
1.7. Rook against knight endings
1.8. Queen against pawns
1.9. Queen and pawn against queen
1.10. Queen and pawns against queen and pawns
1.11. Queen against rook endings
1.12. Queen against bishop endings
1.13. Rook mates
1.14. Mating with two bishops
1.15. Mating with bishop and knight
2.1. Standard mates
2.2. Pawn endings
2.3. Knight endings
2.4. Bishop endings
2.5. Bishop against knight
2.6. Bishop pair in the endgame
2.7. Rook against bishop
2.8. Rook against knight
2.9. Rook endings
2.10. Queen endings
2.11. Queen against rook endings
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Animated playback of theory with sound
• Date of reading the theory
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 45.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.