ChessGenius, award winning chess program. Superb playing strength. The author's chess programs have won ten World Championships. Packed with features for beginners and experts:
* Simple, elegant user interface
* Powerful, compact and fast
* Hundreds of playing levels including easy, blitz and tournament levels. Network connection not required
* Displays thinking. Who is winning, by how much and the moves that ChessGenius is planning. Also Chess clocks, Captured pieces and Opening name. e.g. B12 Caro-Kann
* Save/load games in PGN format. Send games by email. Set-up position
* Easy import / export of PGN database files with iTunes file sharing
* Hint, Show legal moves and Tutor. ChessGenius can warn if a blunder/weak move is played and give the option of take back
* Unlimited take back and step forward
* Play against ChessGenius. Also 2 player, self play and analysis mode
* Optional display of captured pieces and count of positions searched
* Game is restored after exit and restart
* All functions work in Portrait and Landscape
Bigger, deeper opening book. Bigger by a factor of 2.5
New adjustable playing levels with Fischer clock
Ratings and Reviews
I hate this app for two reasons: 1. All my mates wants a little play with my iPhone, but when they start playing Chess Genius they won't give it back; 2. The program beats me.
Seriously, this app rocks. It's the strongest chess program I've ever used at its higher levels and is great for novices too. It's easily worth the double the money, especially as it keeps the mother-in-law quiet for hours!
note to the creators of the game.
!/ the design and look of the games are probbebly the best looking on iphone.
2/ there is a sirious faul in the rules of the game after i put a king into chesck a few mover later he is able to castle, and if you'r a chessmaster as I am this is a serious flaw so i hope to creators of this app will take this seriously and correct on a update.
1/ anyway after all that the game is well worth buying.
hopeffuly the creator will upate the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/ hint hint to the maker could you make this an onle play function in some fucher updates so please can you correct this fault in the games as sopon as possible.
I have played with many chess computer programmes. This one has been the best. The layout of the board is perfect. The best feature is that this programme let's you take back any number of moves, so it is a great learning tool. There are a number of skill levels, so you can progress up the ladder slowly. I am a total chess addict again.
I would rate this application five stars.
- Lang Software Limited
- 1.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Lang Software Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.