Download our "Chess King Learn" app and study all courses in the same app.
Chess Middlegame II course composed by GM Alexander Kalinin is aimed at teaching a student much of the middlegame methods and intricacies through a theoretical section.
The following openings are viewed: Sicilian defense (Dragon, Najdorf, Paulsen variations), Ruy Lopez (Open variation, Exchanged Variation), King's gambit, Italian game, Evans gambit, Pirc-Ufimtsev, Alekhine's defense, Nimzo-Indian defense, Queen's-Indian defense, Queen's gambit, Modern Benoni).
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. Sicilian Defense
1.1. Sicilian Defense
1.2. Dragon Variation
1.3. Najdorf Variation 6. Be3
1.4. Paulsen Variation
2. King's Gambit
2.1. King's Gambit
2.2. King's Gambit Declined 2... Bc5
2.3. Falkbeer Counter Gambit 2... d5 3. exd5 e4
2.4. Variation with 2... d5 3. exd5 exf4
2.5. Variation with 3... Nf6 4. e5 Nh5
2.6. Variation with 3... Be7
2.7. Variation with 3... g5
3. Giuoco Piano (Italian Game)
3.1. Giuoco Piano (Italian Game)
3.2. Giuoco Pianissimo 4. d3
3.3. Moeller Attack 4. c3
3.4. Evans Gambit 4. b4
4. Ruy Lopez
4.1. Ruy Lopez
4.2. Open Variation
4.3. Ruy Lopez. Exchanged variation
5. Pirc-Ufimtsev Defense
5.1. Pirc-Ufimtsev Defense
5.2. Classical Variation 4. Nf3 Bg7 5. Be2 0-0 6. 0-0
5.3. Variation with 4. f3
5.4. Austrian Attack 4. f4
6. Alekhine's Defense
6.1. Alekhine's Defense
6.2. Four Pawns Attack 4. c4 Nb6 5. f4
6.3. Exchange Variation 5. exd6
6.4. Modern Variation 4. Nf3 Bg4 5. Be2 e6 6. 0-0
7. Nimzo-Indian Defense. Classical Variation 4. Qc2
7.1. Nimzo-Indian Defense. Classical Variation 4. Qc2
7.2. Variation with 4... d6
7.3. Variation with 4... b6
7.4. System with 4... 0-0
8. Queen's Indian Defense
8.1. Queen's Indian Defense
8.2. Classical Variation
8.3. System with 4... Ba6
9. Queen's Gambit Declined. Orthodox Defense
9.1. Queen's Gambit Declined. Orthodox Defense
9.2. Rubinstein's Attack 7. Qc2
9.3. Variation with 7. Bd3
9.4. System with 7. Rc1
10. Modern Benoni Defense
10.1. Modern Benoni Defense
10.2. Mikenas Variation 7. f4 Ng7
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Animated playback of theory with sound
• Date of reading the theory
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 45.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.