A polished, full featured way to play chess against friends or random opponents online. Play fast chess with a clock, or play many correspondence games at a time making moves whenever you have a chance every day or so.
"Fantastic app. Easily the best head-to-head app out there!" -Leo Laporte
"Social Chess Is The Best Way To Get Your iCheckmate On" -CultOfMac.com
* No Advertisements!
* Beautiful, clean, intuitive layout.
* Features are chosen and implemented carefully.
* Your privacy is respected. We will not spam or share any user info.
* Game features are driven by your feedback.
* Statistics - ELO Rating, Wins, Losses, Draws.
* Elo Charts & Per Opponent statistics.
* Advanced features such as Conditional Moves and Premoves.
* Receive push notifications when a game is updated.
* Play even when there is no internet connection. Moves are sent later.
* Play up to 5 games at a time, or increase it to 100 with In-App purchase.
* Search for opponents by username, email, or we'll match you with a random opponent.
* Claim Victory if opponent does not make a move in the time allowed.
* Optional Takeback move.
* Analysis Board to work out your strategy.
* User Profile including picture, comments, etc.
* Map view of your opponent's location.
* Chat and Group Chat
* Browse your opponent's games, and their opponent's games.
* Elo Rankings
* Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I've had the game for a couple of years now, and it's always been perfect for playing online chess. Quick timed games with 3 mins on the clock to slow games that can require a minimum of three days per move. No adverts. It really is just what you'd want. With an epic online ranking system, and the ability to play similar ranks or different ranks. Love it!
Great app for playing chess but stagnant
Hi, I've had this app for about three years now and while at the time, it was the best app I had found for playing chess, three hasn't been any huge progress in terms of new features in the entire time while the yearly subscription fee has gone up relentlessly. 2 major areas that are missing are in the area of managing/storing and analysing your games, as there is no search or bookmarking feature, when you have played hundreds of games like I have, the only way to find a particular game is to go through each one individually!!! Nightmare...
Second area missing functionality is in the whole social aspect. There are no tournaments, groups, teams or community within the app unlike other chess apps that I use. As a result, my usage is slowly declining. So in summary this app is great for playing the odd game of chess but think twice before using it as your'main' chess app.
I don't think you can play an A.I, but if you like going against online players that either have a random skill level or a similar ability, or specific people, you'll love this app (probably- you may hate something I would consider too small to mention. You never know I guess).
- Lee Carlson
- 87.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Woodchop Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Membership £7.99
- 1 Year Membership £7.99
- 1 Year Membership £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.