If you thought you were getting the best out of Everyman Chess products think again! Everyman Chess are delighted to be able to bring you the ChessViewer.
· THE most comprehensive pgn viewer available for your iPhone, iPod-Touch or iPad
· ALLOWS you to read all text, multiple variations and sub-variations
· ALLOWS you to play through all games
· GIVES you access to the Everyman Chess library of over 100 chess eBooks
· EASY access to any pgn file online or offline, from any source
· ACCESS from your hard drive, from a web-page, email attachments or via a url
· FREE eBook chapters when you download the app
· CAN hold up to 3000 games
Few bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good but ...
This is a good app, but I have one comment for the developers.
When studying chess games, it is often necessary to be able to hide move comments. This becomes even more important if you are using the app to solve chess puzzles. In cases such as these, you do not want to know what the first moves are. One button allowing you to hide / unhide comments would be really useful.
Otherwise this is a very good app.
Only app which lets you keep your purchases forever
The ebooks you buy are PGNs. The only chess ebook vendor that lets you keep your purchases in an open format so you can back them up and keep them forever. Makes this the best choice for me.
Badly designed app but good content
This App is the IPad and IPhone portal of Everyman chess, with a first class book list. To that extent it is one of the apps which any serious player will want to have. Unfortunately, it is very badly let down by the terrible layout and clunky design.
First the board is a lurid series of colours with very little choice. The text layout is simple terrible compared with Gambit's "chess studio" app or "Forward chess”: the text crowds on the right side of the board and the variations are simply separated by brackets. In the other Apps the variations are presented as in a book and are much easier to read.
A major drawback is the inability to load purchases from one Apple device to another. The procedure is complicated by any standard while the Gambit or Forward chess do this automatically.
Good content but terrible design.
- Everyman Chess
- 24 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Everyman Chess
- In-App Purchases
- Starting Out: The English £12.99
- Starting Out: King's Indian Attack £12.99
- Improve Your Opening Play £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.