Play chess online, solve tactics puzzles, watch all major chess tournaments live and analyse your own moves with the official chess24.com app! With chess24 on your phone the next game is just a touch away!
- Play against chess24 users all around the globe
- Immediately analyse your moves afterwards to see how you can improve your chess
- Pick how fast you want to play – 1, 3, 5 or 15 minutes for your moves
- Premove to respond to your opponent’s move instantly (with chess24 mobile users are at no disadvantage!)
- Games are automatically stored on your device so you can replay or analyse them later
PLAY VS. COMPUTER
- Play our online chess engine opponents including “Magnus Carlen at 10” years old
- Challenge offline engine opponents — no internet connection required — or create your own custom character and time limit
- Review your games afterwards, improve and play again
INTERACTIVE VIDEO LESSONS
- Watch free videos from our vast video library
- Improve you chess with top grandmasters such as: Viswanathan Anand, Peter Svidler, Jan Gustafsson, Lawrence Trent and many more
- Fully interactive chess board allows you to make your own moves, experiment, analyse
- Follow major chess events in real-time — chess24 broadcasts live games every day from the world’s best tournaments
- Analyse live games with a chess engine and try your your own moves on the board
- Compare the first moves in live games to our database of chess games
- Replay games and tournaments after they’re over
- Access the latest chess news from chess24 and stay up-to-date
- Follow your favorite pros with tournament reports, interviews, game analysis, and fun features
- Read comments from other chess fans and leave your own
- Hone your tactical skills with our advanced Tactics Trainer that is tailored to your level
- Thousands of puzzles with a wide range of difficulty
- Climb our leaderboard and compete with your friends
- Receive feedback when you want - after each puzzle, after each wrong answer or at the end of a session
- Not sure about the solution? Analyse the puzzle right away using our powerful analysis tools
- Build up your own chess database! All analysis and games can be saved on your device
- Set up any legal position. Analyse real-world games right when they’re played
- Step through a game, add variations and explore
- Ask the computer - our powerful engine evaluates positions as deeply as you choose
- Consult a huge number of games by top chess grandmasters - see what others did in your position
- Find the answer to any chess problems you encounter
IMPORT CHESS GAMES
- Import games using the popular PGN format
- Use iTunes Filesharing to sync PGN files to your device
- Save games to your device and analyse them wherever and whenever you like
AND MUCH MORE
- Customise the appearance of the board and pieces from a choice of attractive themes
- Manage your chess24 profile right from your mobile device
- Keep track of your stats and ranking
"Chess - Play, train, analyse & watch live" is free to download and use. "chess24 Premium" gives you unlimited access to the app including our video library for $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription. "chess24 Mobile Premium" gives you unlimited access to the app (excluding our video library) for $1.99 a month or $16.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in the Account Settings after purchase.
Fixed a bug, that could lead to the app crashing when watching the standings of the FIDE World Cup
Ratings and Reviews
I like this but you can’t play tournaments in the app. You have to log into the actual website to play them which is a shame because I prefer playing on my tablet with a stylus rather than using a mouse. I’ve tried using the tablet on the website but it’s all too small and fiddly.
Another annoying point is that people drop out of tournaments at the early stages when they start losing (like a rage-quit in a PlayStation game) and then you get a bye instead of playing. I think it would be a good idea if there were lower graded tournaments to enter because it’s no fun for either player when their ratings differ by over 900 FIDE points which happened to me recently when I came up against a 2500 player.
Please use proper safe areas
Following a game is almost unusable on iPhone X series, as the app doesn’t use safe areas properly so the navigation buttons are in the wrong place
This really is a beginner’s error, and now the X series phones have been out for nearly 2 years there is no excuse why this hasn’t been fixed
Recent bugs but
I have loved this app. But recently this app hangs and I just loose my match. Has happened so regularly now. But until this I have loved this app
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Logical Thinking LTD
- 81.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Logical Thinking Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mobile Premium £2.79
- Premium £14.99
- Mobile Premium £25.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.