Your free Chiltern Railways app helps make journey planning, accessing the latest travel information and buying your tickets even easier.
It’s simple and secure to purchase your Chiltern Railways e-ticket through the app, download to your phone and use for your next journey. And if you’re planning to travel anywhere else on the GB rail network, you can buy your ticket on the Chiltern app too.
And when you buy train tickets through our app, we’ll never charge you a credit card, debit card or booking fee. So, it’s goodbye pesky queues at the ticket office. And hello cheapest Chiltern fares around!
Download and register the Chiltern Railways app to:
- Always find the cheapest fares available in your search results
- Get an instant e-ticket for many Chiltern Railway journeys, saving time at stations
- Enjoy fee-free fares. You won’t ever pay credit card, debit card or booking fees when you book direct from Chiltern
- Group save bookings for three or more customers can be purchased via the app
- Quickly find your recent journeys in our new My Account section, where your details are securely maintained in the app for quick and easy repurchasing
- Get up-to-the-minute updates on your train status with live departure boards, busyness indicators, number of carriages and platform numbers
- Purchase tickets for any British train journey – and did we say NO BOOKING FEES
Getting your ticket
E-tickets may look like a humble barcode but when they’re stored in your app’s Booking section, they become the quick and easy way to travel, so no need to interact with anyone or anything when in the train station or onboard a train.
Picking up tickets from a ticket machine
If you plan to pick up your tickets from a ticket machine, you'll need your reference numbers which are stored in the bookings section to view at any time.
Using your Smartcard
Request a new Smartcard through the app when making your next ticket purchase. We will then send you your Smartcard in the post. You may then load the ticket onto your Smartcard at the gate.
We sell Flexi season tickets to match your own travel requirements.
In this update, we are bringing you the ability to search for timetables on the iOS app. Search for services today and in the future in the Live Trains section of the app!
And still no booking fees!
The update also includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Look out for further new features arriving soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Recent booking Banbury to Wembley
Great app, really clear and easy to navigate. Sorted my booking in super quick time and tickets were emailed straight through. 5⭐️
I’ve noticed that the platforms specified for each train do not always show up. For example if I search for trains departing MYB I can see the platform numbers for the trains. If I then specify trains departing MYB bound for OXF the platform information is missing. This bug is intermittent.
Also where does the ‘many seats’ ‘few seats’ feature get it’s data from? It’s populated before the train platform is announced so how can it possibly know how occupied the train is? I never see a correlation between the applications view on how many seats are available and my MK1 eyeballs view on how many seats are ‘actually’ available. I’d rather know how many carriages actually form the train as this would give me a better idea of how many seats are likely to be available.
Given the current problems with short formation I’d guess publishing this info on the app would cause Chiltern Railways considerable embarrassment, 2 carriages, 3 carriages. 1 carriage.. etc
Buggy, unreliable and outdated
1) Error message every time I try to use a saved card. Have to re-enter card details every single time. 2) It’s November 2021 and this still doesn’t support apple wallet. 3) Unfortunately, Chiltern rail is also very poorly integrated with the National Rail app (I’ve never successfully bought Chiltern tickets though the National Rail app) leaving no option but to use this app on mobile. 4) Prices given in the app are frequently higher than those shown on the National rail app. Nothing good to say about it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Chiltern Railways Company Limited
- 47.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Arriva UK Trains 2022
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.