The City of London Police app provides you with the following useful information:
- Maps with points of interest within the City of London (Police Stations, Tube Stations, Train Stations, DLR, Hospitals, Medical Centres, Pharmacies, Fire Stations, Cycle Parking, Visitor Attractions, Public Toilets)
- Location Based Services: get up to date information about the area you're currently in (for example, warnings about congestion)
- Contact us with the touch of a button
- One touch navigation guiding you to the nearest Police Station
- Street Level Crime Map: within the City of London you can visualise the locations of crimes within a one mile radius around your current location
- A central place to store all your emergency info (including people to contact, your blood type, any allergies)
- Access to the City of London Police twitter feed @CityPolice
- Messaging service - receive messages directly from the City of London Police through three separate channels (general information, traffic advice, emergency information)
- Access to the latest City of London Police news
- Information about fraud
- Information on how to plan for an emergency
- A checklist with items you should always have nearby in case of an emergency
Neither the Location Based Information nor the Messaging channels are used to send out advertisements. These features are there strictly for your convenience and your safety.
This app has been developed by three partners (German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence [DFKI]; ETH Zurich and LSE) of the Socionical research project, funded by the European Union. For more information about the project and its top level academic participants, please visit www.socionical.eu.
One of Socionical’s research objectives is to study crowd dynamics, and specifically the density, direction and movement of crowds following a major disaster. The project developed a smartphone-based 'crowd sensing' technology that allows emergency services to assess the state of a crowd during events or incidents in real-time enabling them to deploy resources appropriately. The City of London Police App contains this technology.
Should the City of London Police activate the crowd sensing technology, your smartphone will first ask if you want to opt in and share data recorded by the device's built-in sensors for a limited time. You will always be able to opt out. However, please consider participating – your assistance could help with the response to an incident.
The data being sent is completely anonymous - it is impossible to identify you from it. Also, the data sharing will be limited to a certain time frame and a certain geographic area. You can check whether you are within that area before agreeing to share your data.
By downloading this app, you are agreeing to download an app that has ‘crowd sensing’ technology and capability as explained above.
Socionical respects your privacy and conforms to all ethical rules set by the European Union. Furthermore, the method of data collection has been approved by the Socionical Ethics Committee.
Should you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Twitter module bug fix
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus optimisations
Ratings and Reviews
Latest Version Crashes
A great shame because an app that was very useful now crashes as soon as it's started since the latest "update" & it's been like this for weeks now without a fix. Seems like the developer can't be bothered!!!
Crashes as soon as you open the app !! Totally useless !!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.