Classlist is the award-winning app that brings parents into the heart of their school community. In over 3,000 schools and over 40 countries.
- See who's who at school. Put a face to a name!
- Ask the parents in your child's class a question and share useful info
- Organise a parent meetup for your class and see what PTA events are coming up
- Find families nearby to share lifts with on the parent map
- Exchange items on the Marketplace and ask for recommendations
It’s safe & secure. You're in control of how much information you choose to share and what notifications you want. Classlist is fully GDPR compliant, private and secure.
It’s moderated to keep your community friendly, welcoming and useful.
It’s inclusive — easy for new parents to sign up. Designed for mums and dads. Helps everyone stay in the loop with what’s happening at school.
Download the app to join your school’s Classlist or set up Classlist for your school
With additional features to support the PTA and Class Reps:
- Arrange simple coffee mornings to major PTA events. Send invites, reminders, and track RSVPs easily in Events.
- Sell tickets and take payment online
- Get out important messages to the whole school, or any class or year, quickly with Announcements
- Post to your class or year group via the Activity Feed — ideal for shorter messages
- Set up interest groups to bring parents together. Create groups to co-ordinate with your PTA team for specific events too!
“We are really liking Classlist. It’s different to social media because it’s well controlled.” —
Josephine Marsh, Head Teacher, St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Chalfont, UK
- Added a share button. This lets parents add a personalised message to links (including Youtube) before sharing on their timeline, in groups, or to their friends via Classlist.
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful app, some processes cumbersome
This app is useful but not perfect. It takes too many clicks to search for a parent, a search bar should appear by default that you can start typing in straight away when you go to contacts.
It often freezes up and I have to delete and reinstall it on my phone to get it working again. Log in by fingerprint ID is good and works well. It’s hard to find events and hard to find a post again if you look at it quickly but then don’t know if it was a post or an event.
In the admin side, it would be useful if you could publish an event but hold back ticket sales until a set day and time, so the event can go live before sales do. If there was an easy to see chat section that might help it to overtake WhatsApp in popularity, but so far it hasn’t as people find it too long winded to find things.
But overall very useful and has helped connect parents who otherwise would never have got to know each other.
Developer Response ,
Your thoughtful comments have been passed onto the product team. For info, you can currently publish an event without tickets so that it appears on the events list and then add tickets later (although you can't yet preschedule the date they go live). We also now have a search bar for contacts and we're looking at how we can introduce search in other areas of the app. Many thanks — The Classlist Team
Good Functionality but a bit slow
The app has got some great functionality but events needs to be more prominent I.e on the home page and it’s a bit slow when switching between features/ modules. Also the iOS app ask for fingerprint verification every time now which again slows down access. This means that we haven’t been able to get parents to move away from WhatsApp as it’s just not as instant to get in and chat
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We'll feedback your suggestions to the team. We ask for fingerprint verification on iOS to login to the app so we can keep things as secure as possible for your school community, rather like you would do on a banking app.
Nice idea. It works well to contact selected year groups or all parents and to set up cross school groups. It’s not the easiest for navigating and for tracing things back. A search facility would be a great addition as well as a rationalisation of messages/posts/announcements/events... it’s impossible to remember where something was mentioned ...
It should be more like whatsapp but with the ability to select forms/year groups/all school etc
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! We have navigation changes coming very soon!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.