Clips is a free app that lets you make fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Easily change the style of your title, adjust text and punctuation or add inline emoji
Artistic effects and filters
• Turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film or comic book illustration*
• Add warmth, impact or drama to videos and photos with a selection of filters from the Camera app
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos from your library
Fun stickers, emoji and posters
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends plus characters from Star Wars, Toy Story and Inside Out
• Add emoji, animated speech bubbles, shapes and customisable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customisable text to help tell your story
Selfie Scenes with TrueDepth camera
• Make amazing selfie videos that take you out of reality and place you in fantasy worlds with immersive, animated backgrounds**
• Each scene is a 360-degree video that surrounds you on all sides as you move
• Choose from 20 unique scenes including an 8-bit video game, monster laboratory and abstract painting
• Create a video on-board the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, underwater in Finding Dory or downtown Municiberg from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages
• Send directly to Instagram, YouTube and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit all your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie scenes require an iPhone [or iPad] with TrueDepth camera system
Use the new camcorder filter to give your videos a retro video camera look
• Choose from 8 new posters including options with solid backgrounds, colourful vintage designs, a classic blue camcorder recording screen and an animated globe to celebrate Earth Day
• Create titles and captions with 3 new Live Titles styles featuring static text that appears all at once or animated text that highlights each word as it’s spoken
• Apply new 8-bit and 3D-styled stickers to add emphasis to your videos
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to new or existing Clips projects
• Duplicate and rename projects
• Share projects with friends via AirDrop or email, save them to Files or upload them to cloud storage services with share extensions
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
Ratings and Reviews
I think clips is an amazing apps because you can do so many cool things to your pics and add funny titles. Also if you screen shot your edited pics from clips you can make amazing movies and trailers on ‘iMovie’. Also the affects are sooooo cool 😎 you can make it into a comic or make it black and white to look like the old days. Sometimes when you edit you pics you’ll find that it doesn’t quite go with what you want to do with it. If this happens don’t get frustrated just if you can take the same pic but in different light or go on to photos and edit it so the light matches the filter.
When I once had a camp at Scouts I had my phone and I took loads of wicked photos of the fire my friends the tent and the food. I then realised that fire looks so cool on clips when you change the filter to comic book, trust me all my friends loved it.
Also I once made a supercool wallpaper for my phone by getting a nice poster then I added some captions and emojis. Then I took a screen shot of it, went on settings then changed my wallpaper to the clips edited pic with my name and all my favourite things written and emojid on.
I definitely recommend this app and listen to my advice and try it because trust me it all really works really really really well.
Thank you 😀
Awesome app, huge potential but...
I found this app pre-installed on my IPhone X. It has so many possibilities from fun with friends through to a serious benefit for people wanting to produce more inclusive communications by using live titles. My only issue with the live titles is the restriction on its look. To make it more accessible it needs to have a block colour behind text option. There is currently only one and it’s red. Would be good if there were different colour options. The other issue with the block red text version is the font puts it all into uppercase. Apple could you look at a future update to allow a choice of fonts and block colour background options. This would really open the doors and use of this fun app for a more productive and inclusive purpose.
This is probably one of my favourite apps and I love it. I’ve got two things I really need help on.#1 for the last few days I have been trying to make a Star Wars film with the music but I can’t seem to get it. What I do is that I go on the music icon and then go on ‘my music’ then on playlists and then on the playlist the Star Wars music is on but I can’t see any music anywhere so I go on Apple Music and it’s there so I’m not that sure what to do. #2 I also really want to make a film with no music and then the music comes in at the last scene but whenever I click on the last scene and go onto music and set it on for the music it plays for the whole film not just the one scene.
Please fix these problems soon
Thank you very much
- Apple Distribution International
- 171.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.