THE INCREDIBLE, POWERFUL TEXT EDITOR YOU CAN TAKE WITH YOU.
Includes Panic Sync, our secure, super sync service — for FREE.
THE SHORT VERSION:
• A stunningly full-featured text editor
• Works on both the iPhone or iPad
• Editor features Clips, Find & Replace (with placeholder!), Context Keys, Super Loupe, much more.
• Local or Remote file management
• Remote protocols include SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, DreamObjects, and FTP (Plain, TLS, SSL) support
• SSH Terminal
• Much more!
THE LONG VERSION:
Code Editor is a text editor with syntax highlighting, clips, find replace, the works. But it also has a full file manager, allowing you to work with files locally or remotely. It has a cool keyboard with context keys and an amazing super loupe to set your cursor. It manages 'sites' so you can quickly get to work, and it'll even sync those sites. It'll preview your pages, of course. And we've also thrown in a full-featured SSH terminal. It's an incredible app.
SITES. The foundation of Code Editor: create a site for each of your projects, local or remote, and quickly get to the files you need to edit. Better still, use our free Panic Sync service to sync these sites with our Mac apps, securely and quickly.
FILES. We've been building file managers for a really long time — we've got this. Local, remote, or any mix of the two. Edit, rename, duplicate, create folders, upload, download, you name it, you got it.
EDITING. Tap a file to land in our highly-optimized text editor, which syntax highlights your code with ease. Now, try this: move the insertion point. Whoa. That's the Super Loupe, magnifying magic we think is the best way to precisely set your cursor.
CLIPS. Have a handful of code bits you re-use a lot? Tap the clips icon in Code Editor, and load them in. Now you can insert them with a single tap.
FIND / REPLACE. Let’s say you accidentally inverted the values of your width and height tags. With our find and replace banner — and its breakthrough wildcard button — you can easily replace or swap or re-arrange your text.
TERMINAL. Really? Like, a full-featured SSH client built-in? Sure! Not only is it great value for your money, but it's also great help to getting your work done. Connect to your sites with a tap, and get the full-featured spot-on emulation of Prompt.
TABS. Quickly switch between your open documents. I know, it's obvious. But still.
CONTEXT KEYS. We've added a special section to your iOS keyboard that gives you the most useful, helpful special characters, automatically. It takes a lot of the pain out of writing code on a piece of glass.
We've put a desktop-class amount of work into Code Editor. It's truly a pro app. But, it's not hard to learn. And most amazingly, you're getting an incredible amount of power at a killer price.
Help support Panic, so we can continue to make great iOS professional tools. Buy Code Editor today!
• Various SSH library improvements
• Updated address placeholder for DreamObjects based servers
• Hardware and software keyboards once again use non-curly quotes as default
• Fixed the display of Ed25519 host keys when connecting to a server
Fixed for a future version of iOS:
• Improved visibility of multi-file selection UI
• Resolved a crash when deleting the last character of a document
• Accessory Keys pop-over now remains visible after activating a key
• Improved visibility of 'Open In...' pop-over in single file-browser mode
• iPhone: Passcode overlay is no longer able to be hidden
• iPhone: Site credentials sheet can no longer become unresponsive after being partially dismissed
• iPhone XR: Rotating device with nano active in Terminal no longer results in segmentation fault
• iPad: Fixed file view controls flickering when switching between remote and local views
• iPad Pro 13": Fixed single tab being positioned incorrectly in tab bar
• iPad Pro 13": Fixed font and line spacing controls being drawn improperly
Ratings and Reviews
Worth every penny!
It takes a lot for me to consider spending this much money in an App but the bottom line is that it was worth every penny!
I can now comfortably take my iPad Pro away without my laptop and still be able to continue all of my development work without any compromises. Highly recommended!
Coda 2 is sick , especially the apple app. FTP changes on the go.
Thumb up !!!
Brilliant, but can’t select font-family’s
As many of the other reviews mention, Coda is a fantastic all inclusive text editor, and more.
I’m just starting out my coding journey with HTML and CSS, and find it more than capable on my iPad Pro 12.5 inch than anything else I’ve tried out.
The only bug-bear, is not being able to select a font-family. You can change the font for use within the editor or terminal to your hearts content, but when coding the CSS, there is no option to preview fonts.
Is there an answer for this?
Other that, bloody bang on Panic.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.