Over 110,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of German and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable German and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro German-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into German or English text instantly.
• Over 85,000 entries with 110,000 translations
• Text-to-speech support lets you listen to the pronunciation of words and phrases
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of German and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into German and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from German-English to English-German
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"An excellent practical dictionary for the student or traveler!" -User review
"I would definitely recommend this for anyone who needs a German/English dictionary for school, travel, or work. This app compresses 1400 pages into something that I can fit in my pocket AND use without having to be connected to the Internet." -User review
"Love it! - Was unsure about the price but I'm glad I bought it. It's like a full-sized dictionary, only better because of how efficient using it can be!" -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 13 and the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
• Improved navigation of verb tenses
• We have stopped collecting usage analytics
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
How did we ever manage without apps like this. I use this app for four languages and I have the whole language at my fingertips without having to carry a big dictionary around.
The verb conjugator is a particularly cool feature.
Great app, one small request thought
I can't praise this series of dictionaries too highly - they are perfect for travel and worth every penny.
One small request. I also go to language classes and use the grammar section. This is very useful for looking up the conjugation of different tenses but there is one irritation. If you are doing an exercise on, say Konjunktiv I, every time you look up a new verb the display defaults to the present tense. It would be a smarter app for a smart phone if it remembered the tense that you' d consulted last and defaulted to that, or at least had a preference to do so.
My go to app for German
I do come across words that aren't in this dictionary, but the majority are there and the verb conjugation is great
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2020
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.