Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at email@example.com.
- Improve reliability when registering for push notifications
- Small performance improvements when connecting to bouncers
- Fix issue where chat previews could disappear
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is the best iOS irc client I've found. As far as I'm aware, the 10 minute disconnect is only because Apple does not allow third party apps to maintain connections for longer than this.
One issue though, since the update it seems to disconnect immediately every time I leave the app running in the background. Would be great if you could look into this.
Used to be great.
Been using colloquy for years, and it used to be great, but the lack of recent updates is becoming a real problem. Under iOS 13 the app is largely broken with constant disconnections and UI glitches. I’ve been hoping for an update that fixes these issues for months, so I think it may be time to look at something else.
Since the latest update if I have a friend listed who I have previously chatted to, even if they are online their name is greyed out. I have to rely on searching the room to find them, then deleting them from my colloquy list and sending a fresh query. Particularly annoying if they aren't in a room since I have no way to know if they are online or not! Please fix this useful feature.
And also... If I send a direct message to someone, even if they are online, I get a 'user is not connected' message. The only way I can send a direct message is to tap someone's name in the room members list. Not much good unless I know which room they are in!
And more problems... Checking info on any user doesn't tell you which room they are in and doesn't give an accurate 'idle' time. And if they log off they appear still online in the room list and in the app's private chat list.
Are you working on these bugs??
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.