The COM-DEX app from Widex allows hearing aid users to remotely control their hearing aids via the COM-DEX hands-free streamer.
COM-DEX streams high-quality sound to Widex hearing aids from mobile phones and from a connected COM-DEX Remote Mic
With the COM-DEX App you can:
• Adjust volume settings, change programs or alter sound levels of Widex hearing aids via the COM-DEX
• Choose the directional focus of your hearing aids
• See COM-DEX and COM-DEX Remote Mic battery status
• COM-DEX Remote Mic controls: Pause/start stream, adjust microphone gain, surroundings on/off while streaming from microphone
• Boost the volume of streamed sound in settings menu
• Swipe screen support added (change active screen by swiping left/right)
• COM-DEX and COM-DEX Remote Mic Connection Guide
• Learn how to adjust sound, programs and sound direction with Usage Guides
• Learn basic hearing aid maintenance with instructional videos
• Locate nearest hearing care professional with the handy shop finder
• Use the mirror to help placement of hearing aids
If your current COM-DEX has firmware older than version 1.3.0 (e.g. 1.2.0 or 1.0.10):
Please consult your dispenser for firmware upgrade if you want to optimize your experience with
COM-DEX Remote Mic support or have access to the new features mentioned in “What’s new in Version 1.3.0”.
To verify your current firmware version on COM-DEX:
When the App is connected to your COM-DEX, the firmware version can be seen in menu More| Help | App and device information -> COM-DEX firmware version: x.x.xx
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
•New screen for control of COM-DEX Remote Mic if it is connected (require COM-DEX with firmware 1.3 or newer and a COM-DEX Remote Mic)
•Possible to boost the volume of streamed sound in settings menu (require COM-DEX with firmware 1.3 or newer)
•Swipe screen support added (change active screen by swiping left/right)
•Leave demo mode more intuitive and easy to located (tap red banner in top of screen)
Ratings and Reviews
The COM-DEX rarely works without having to go through several of the troubleshooting options first. Very frustrating!
I have all the same problems as other reviewers I see that these bad reviews date back from 4 years ago through to the present and in all this time Widex has failed to resolve the problems.
I think I’ll have to look for a different brand when I replace my aids next year.
The Con-Dex is not nearly as versatile as the M-Dex and coupled with this unreliable App much more erratic. Often it takes a rigmarole of switching phone on and off or Bluetooth on and off to get the App to link with the Com-Dex. Sometimes inexplicable beeping every 10 seconds that I’ve never been able to find the cause. Drives me mad.
I agree with other review er, it could be amazing if the annoying start up faults were ironed out, every time it is disconnected you have to start sgain, sometimes removing the app and reinstalling it is the only option
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Widex AS
- 37.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Widex
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.