"I've only had it for a day but it is by far my favorite app on my iPad Pro. It is the app I have been waiting for. Thank you!" - Alex Ogle, Comic Book Artist.
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
While the basic app allows viewing and sharing of Comic Draw comics, an In-App Purchase unlocks the full editing capabilities. Start with a comic or cartoon template and get creating today!
• Comic Viewer Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- Integrated fullscreen comic reader
- Import and Export Comic Draw files
• Comic Editor Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
- Standard comic and cartoon templates
- 34 bundled brushes
- 130+ bundled comic fonts
- Layers and layer groups
- 1, 2 & 3 point and isometric perspective guides
- Fast and easy comic lettering
- Auto-save enabled - never lose your artwork
- Integrated publishing system
- 34 bundled brushes
- Textures and screentones
- Lots of customization options
- Easy favoriting system
- Import and export brushes for fast sharing
- Build up your artwork with layers
- Layer groups help separate your stages of work
- Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
- Layer blend modes for advanced effects
- Clipping and masking modes
- Create custom color palettes
- Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
- Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
- Quick shade adjustment slider
- Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
- 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
- Multiple guides per page
- Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
- Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
- Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
- Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
- Mask regions for safe painting
- 130+ bundled fonts
- Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
- Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
- Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
- Full comic script editor included
- Automatic keyword recognition
- Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
- Separate sketch area with simplified tools
- Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
- Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
- Record video of your creative process
- Upload to Comic Connect for fast and easy publishing
- Import Comic Draw native format
- Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more
* Improved responsiveness of the main editor tabs when multitasking picker is present
* Restored access to the regular keyboard when double-tapping with Pencil
Ratings and Reviews
This has a lot of the functionality of Manga Studio without the steep learning curve. I would like to see panels working as masks, but other than that, fantastic app. The included fonts are perfect for capitalised speech bubbles too.
Really well done!
Great line stabilisation.
Exceptional text and bubble tools (though there’s still room for improvement in terms of style options)
Very well thought out, easy to use perspective tools.
This is the surprising part though - incredible pencil tools and drawing feel. I’m a huge fan of another big iPad only art app, but it’s a shame more people aren’t trying Comicdraw, as its core drawing tools are surprisingly great. It works well as a digital sketchbook even if you don’t use it for comic creation. I choose to ink in CD over everything else.
About the only major missing features I’d love are the ability to save out PSDs with the text layers staying editable. (I suspect this is difficult or impossible to implement though?) It exports the bubbles and the text as a single pixel layer, which is fine, but editable text layers in PSDs would give it some great interoperability with other apps and would future-proof all of our files should we need to switch platforms or something at a later date.
The other feature has been mentioned in other reviews. Masking/clipping inside panels would make things a bit easier to work with, but it’s okay to work around.
Easily one of the best art apps on iPad, and criminally under appreciated. As a comic production app it’s streamlined and well thought out, I've not used anything that nails the balance between power and ease of use this well. Great job!
Great mix of layout and drawing app
I needed something that was a mix of InDesign and Photoshop for my comics. This does the job really well.
I love the way they do separate sketching, drawing and lettering sections. I didn’t think I’d sketch on my iPad but have ended up doing so because it’s so easy using comic draw.
I also use Procreate and its pretty easy to switch between the two. I can sketch in comic draw, export straight to Procreate and then save my file as an image and put it back into comic draw for all the lettering and layout of separate pages.
The panelling is pretty cool too. I like the way you can slice up panels.
One feature I’d love to see in a future release:
- Export without the trim (right now I have to move art into photoshop to crop it which is a bit of a pain).
Other than that, love it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- plasq LLC
- 248.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 plasq LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial £0.00
- Free Trial £0.00
- Unlock Full App £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.