"I've only had it for a day but it is by far my favorite app on my iPad Pro. It is the app I have been waiting for. Thank you!" - Alex Ogle, Comic Book Artist.
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
While the basic app allows viewing and sharing of Comic Draw comics, an In-App Purchase unlocks the full editing capabilities. Start with a comic or cartoon template and get creating today!
• Comic Viewer Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- Integrated fullscreen comic reader
- Import and Export Comic Draw files
• Comic Editor Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
- Standard comic and cartoon templates
- 34 bundled brushes
- 130+ bundled comic fonts
- Layers and layer groups
- 1, 2 & 3 point and isometric perspective guides
- Fast and easy comic lettering
- Auto-save enabled - never lose your artwork
- Integrated publishing system
- 34 bundled brushes
- Textures and screentones
- Lots of customization options
- Easy favoriting system
- Import and export brushes for fast sharing
- Build up your artwork with layers
- Layer groups help separate your stages of work
- Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
- Layer blend modes for advanced effects
- Clipping and masking modes
- Create custom color palettes
- Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
- Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
- Quick shade adjustment slider
- Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
- 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
- Multiple guides per page
- Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
- Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
- Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
- Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
- Mask regions for safe painting
- 130+ bundled fonts
- Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
- Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
- Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
- Full comic script editor included
- Automatic keyword recognition
- Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
- Separate sketch area with simplified tools
- Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
- Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
- Record video of your creative process
- Upload to Comic Connect for fast and easy publishing
- Import Comic Draw native format
- Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more
* Fixed various layer mask issues
* Fixed layer group drawing issues
* Fixed extraneous whitespace issue when dragging elements from script
* Fixed an inverted drop shadow issue with lettering when exporting to PSD
Ratings and Reviews
This has a lot of the functionality of Manga Studio without the steep learning curve. I would like to see panels working as masks, but other than that, fantastic app. The included fonts are perfect for capitalised speech bubbles too.
Really well done!
Great line stabilisation.
Exceptional text and bubble tools (though there’s still room for improvement in terms of style options)
Very well thought out, easy to use perspective tools.
This is the surprising part though - incredible pencil tools and drawing feel. I’m a huge fan of another big iPad only art app, but it’s a shame more people aren’t trying Comicdraw, as its core drawing tools are surprisingly great. It works well as a digital sketchbook even if you don’t use it for comic creation. I choose to ink in CD over everything else.
About the only major missing features I’d love are the ability to save out PSDs with the text layers staying editable. (I suspect this is difficult or impossible to implement though?) It exports the bubbles and the text as a single pixel layer, which is fine, but editable text layers in PSDs would give it some great interoperability with other apps and would future-proof all of our files should we need to switch platforms or something at a later date.
The other feature has been mentioned in other reviews. Masking/clipping inside panels would make things a bit easier to work with, but it’s okay to work around.
Easily one of the best art apps on iPad, and criminally under appreciated. As a comic production app it’s streamlined and well thought out, I've not used anything that nails the balance between power and ease of use this well. Great job!
I live in the UK and have been using Comic Draw for over a year now and I love it. I have other drawing apps but I haven’t been using them as this one does so much. Stick with it, read the instructions, ask for help if you need it, it is well worth it. Check out the companion app comic create where you can share your creations with fellow artists. Fantastic. I use it all the time.
- plasq LLC
- 246.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation) and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 plasq LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Unlock Full App £9.99
- Free Trial Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.