Finally a comic reader for iPad done right! ComicFlow was designed with one goal in mind: providing the best experience for comic fans with large collections.
- Polished interface
- Can handle very large comic collections (1,500+ comics and dozens of GB) without crashing or becoming unusable
- Imports new comics in the background
- Doesn't need to pre-process comic files before you can read them
- Supports .cbr, .cbz and pdf files
Importing Comics - iTunes with USB cable:
- Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes
- In the Applications section, select ComicFlow in the list at the bottom
- Drag and drop comic files into the Documents area
- If ComicFlow is already running, display the settings window (upper-right button) and tap on "Update Library"
Importing Comics - Web Server over WiFi (In-App purchase required for unlimited use):
- Make sure your iPad and computer are on the same WiFi network
- Launch ComicFlow
- Display the settings window (upper-right button) and set the Web Server setting to "Website" mode
- Open the provided URL in a web browser on your computer
- To upload comics as part of series, first create a folder then upload the comic files into it
Instead of a web browser, if you prefer to use a WebDAV client (e.g. Transmit or ForkLift for Mac or CyberDuck for Mac / Windows), set the Web Server setting to "WebDAV" mode and connect the client to the provided URL.
Deleting or changing a comic or series status:
- Tap and hold on a comic thumbnail or a series thumbnail
- Choose the appropriate option in the pop-up menu that appears
ComicFlow is also the first (and only?) open-source comic reader for iPad: get the full source from https://github.com/swisspol/ComicFlow under GPL v3 license.
Looking for free public domain comics? Check out http://digitalcomicmuseum.com!
Fixed a crash on iOS 6
Ratings and Reviews
Without a doubt the best, but please support sub folders!
Might be good but...
No idea if this is any good as the limited options for getting comics into it (iTunes, meh, and WiFi, with £4.99 in-app purchase) seem unnecessarily restrictive. If your comics are accessible on your iPad already (via Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, etc.) it's annoying to have to use a second device to get them into ComicFlow.
It would be much better to allow transfer in via the iOS Share Sheet from pretty much any other app.
I'd suggest adding the above then restricting max number of comics before requiring in-app purchase.
Good at basic functions but I would prefer being able to put them in categories as well as having cloud integration
- Pierre-Olivier Latour
- 5.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2010-2016 Pol-Online. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- ComicFlow Unlimited Web Server £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.