Concise English Dictionary is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and relaiable coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. It is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, or writing creatively.
Concise Oxford Thesaurus is comprehensive thesaurus with over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms - ideal for use in word games and puzzles, to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• iOS 12 Support
• Beautifully integrated for iPhone XS
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A Must Have Dictionary.
I have always owned a Dictionary, trouble with paper books they wear down.
I like this app! It's quick and simple, there's nothing I can find fault with it? Well not as yet, I would recommend this Dictionary app to anyone interested in learning what words mean, like me I'm getting on in age, it's a way of keeping my mind sharp!
I purchased (at some considerable cost) a dictionary and thesaurus from this same app provider some years back. It was truly excellent and I used it multiple times daily.
Then I upgraded to iOS 11 and despite what they advised when I contacted their customer support, they did not upgrade the app to work with it.
In the end I purchased this, thinking it would be the same. It has some good features but the thesaurus just doesn’t have the quality of the old app. I’m really disappointed, there seem to be gimmicky features at the cost of basic functionality.
Please go back to what worked before, I’m already cheesed off with having to pay so much for this second rate app.
Too many feedback requests
I was persuaded to write a review after perhaps the hundredth or two hundredth time I was prompted to rate the app five stars. I have paid for the app, so I should be able to use it without hindrance and I find the frequent requests a significant drawback. There are also quite a few words in David Foster Wallace’s books not in here but I’m not sure if it’s OED’s fault or DFW’s... The word of the day is also random and arbitrary - I know what basic one syllable words mean.
Otherwise the app works fine but I should have gone for the comprehensive dictionary as it is perhaps too concise for me (my fault there obviously).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.