The Cheshire-based Congleton Chronicle is one of the handful of independent newspapers left in England. The paper is often described as a “proper local newspaper”, crammed full of local news, its standing in the community reflected by its four pages of letters every week.
Regular features in the Congleton Chronicle include: Local News, Readers’ Views, a comprehensive property guide, What’s On... What’s Gone and much more.
The iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of back issues (to November 2009). Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£2.29 per month
£31.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
What an absolute pile of shat. The aim is good. The implementation is terrible. Next time you decide to 'get modern' I advise you use fingers, keys and a brain - all working together. Do not leave an old laptop outside near some wildfowl in the hope that an app may magically appear which delivers a local rag, electronically. You example is testimony that this theory is a futile one.
And a 55p newspaper is not really going to sell for 2.39 is it? The average punter may as well pay £2.20 for the month and get a hardcopy, that way, one does not have to wait 2 minutes between page swaps. I suggest you sublet this task out to someone with coding experience.
Misleading to say the least.....
This is the worst App I've downloaded YET! It's NOT free at all! You get 3 pages (2 of which are full of ads) then it tells you that in order to view the rest you have to subscribe!!! It's not very well setup either, just scanned pages that are blurry for the first minute or so. I live in Congleton so was hoping for a good App but instead got something a 4 year old could do better than. Don't bother with this rubbish.
Nice little app, what does it matter if it's just a scan of the pages. Loads fine on the 3GS fair enough it takes a few minutes to sync at first but that's all. Also for your money get editions from months earlier, not sure how much use that is but it's better having loads of old hardcopies knocking about that you haven't thrown out yet. Picture quality is very good.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.6 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Congleton Chronicle £2.29
- Congleton Chronicle £31.99
- 30-day access £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.