The easy-to-use CONTOUR™DIABETES app is designed for adults of all ages with diabetes.(1) Since 2016, there have been over 1.2 million downloads.(2) Start your download and enjoy your journey.
People using the system say they:(1,3)
• better understood their diabetes
• significantly decreased HbA1c values
• didn't find it to be a hassle that compromised their quality of life
The CONTOUR™DIABETES app syncs with a CONTOUR™ connected meter for seamless blood glucose monitoring. This easy-to-use app can give you a better understanding of how your daily activities affect your blood glucose results to help you manage your diabetes. In addition to using the CONTOUR™DIABETES app, always consult with your Health Care Professional before making any changes to your diet, exercise or treatment regimen.
The CONTOUR™DIABETES app presents your blood glucose results in a simple and easy-to-review way that’s personalized to you. Download the CONTOUR™DIABETES app today and start receiving meaningful information on your progress, with some of the latest features...
• My Patterns – can notify you of trends in your blood glucose readings, by presenting you with potential causes and guidance on how you may improve
• Test Reminder Plans – let you optimize your testing regime to give you results that are more insightful
• Record – allows you to record events such as diet, activities and medication, and also add photos, notes or voice memos to help put your results in context
• View – if you use insulin and/or log your carbs, you can now see your insulin doses, carb intakes and blood glucose results in one simple view
• Share – give your healthcare professional greater insight with the easy-to-read diary report – send this report in advance or take it with you on the day of your appointment
• Apple Health™ - is now integrated with the CONTOUR™DIABETES app
Learn more about the CONTOUR™DIABETES app and CONTOUR™ connected meters at:
Note: Screenshots are for illustration purposes. Availability of blood glucose meter model based on country of purchase. Units of measurement in the app will match that of your synced meter. For more information, please refer to the user guide for your CONTOUR™ connected meter.
© 2021 Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG. All rights reserved.
Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG
Peter Merian-Strasse 90
4052 Basel, Switzerland
Ascensia, the Ascensia Diabetes Care logo and Contour are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG.
1. Fisher W et al. User Experience with a New Smartphone Application for Blood Glucose Monitoring (BGM) in an Information-Motivation-Behavioral Skills (IMB) Model Study. Poster presented at the 12th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments For Diabetes (ATTD); February 20-23, 2019; Berlin, Germany.
2. Data on file. Ascensia Diabetes Care. DCAM-147-5682.
3. Fernandez-Garcia D et al. The ICONE Study: A multicenter evaluation of the impact of CONTOUR™NEXT ONE and CONTOUR™DIABETES app on Self-Management and Adherence in Insulin-Treated Patients with Diabetes. ePoster presented at European Endocrinology Society Congress (ECE), 5-9 September 2020.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Great on iPhone. Impossible on iPad
Installed on iPad over a year ago. Always had problems with Bluetooth connection. Now it just stopped working altogether. Uninstalled and downloaded again. Now it doesn’t sync with cloud so absolutely useless. Conversely the iPhone app works fine. Wave meter vaguely in direction of phone and It updates immediately. Why can one work perfectly and the other fail to function?
*** Update. Have finally sorted this out, not from Ascensia but from diabetes Forum. My problems have arisen because I bought a new iPhone and paired meter to iPhone. When I repeatedly tried to pair again with my iPad (because it’s bigger and I can read it better!) it wouldn’t pair, as it was pairing with iPhone continually. SO, turn off iPhone altogether, now pair with iPad and hey presto, it works, and 7 months of readings miraculously appear on my iPad. PLEASE PLEASE can you make this clear to users that have both iPhone and iPad?
Developer Response ,
Hi there jacksmeadow! We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the app. Please contact our Support Team at 0345 600 6030 so that we can help to resolve this issue.
This pair of the glucose tester (BG meter) has been a big improvement from the digital LCD meters I have been using. The meter/tester is basically an iPhone sensor this explains its simplicity. The app provides ample functionality but is limited and confined. It would’ve extended its reach exponentially if only it opened itself to other applications e.g. Apple’s native Health app and other Diabetes apps, which I don’t quite get because their main business is the meter the app is a compliment. The more apps that can access the contour app data the more people would get the meter to use with their preferred applications. I sincerely hope Contour App is going to open its doors in the immediate future. One thing I would like to mention though it has nothing to do with the app, the microlet lancets are very well made and are extremely sharp this equates to little or no pain.
As others pointed out pairing with the iPad if you also have iPhone on is impossible. Like the others I wanted to sit down with the meal planner so I could read it. However after re loading iPad app etc no of times it would not sync. The only work around is to switch the I phone off? Some interference between the two is the issue. It won’t pair the device nor sync to the cloud until iPhone is off?
Another great feature would be to be able to print off shopping lists from the device, just a thought. Also a barcode scanner of foods would help when shopping - e.g with recipe you could scan items as you are collecting them knocking them off the list? If that is possible.
It’s a great app when working but this needs to be addressed ASAP or we cannot use iPhone and iPad at same time.
Developer Response ,
We would like to help address your issue. Please contact Ascensia Diabetes Support in the UK at 0345 600 6030 and one of our team would be happy to help you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ascensia Diabetes Care US Inc.
- 88.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.