You have friends around the world, you just haven’t met them yet.
Couchsurfing is the best way to stay with amazing locals, make lifelong travel friends, or host travelers coming to your hometown. Over 12 million travel enthusiasts use Couchsurfing in more than 230,000 cities around the world.
Use the Couchsurfing app to plan and manage your trip itinerary.
Find hosts in your next destination
• Browse the millions of local hosts offering a place to stay in thousands of cities and towns
• Stay with and meet locals and have an authentic travel experience
• Explore accommodations options near where you are right now, or near your future destination
Make New Friends
• Discover thousands of fun events planned by other Couchsurfers in your hometown or in your next travel destination
• Use Couchsurfing Hangouts to show you who’s nearby your current location and available to meet up right now
Meet Travellers Without Traveling
• Host or meet up with incoming travellers coming to your city
• Can’t travel right now? Let new cultures and friends come to you
• Easily create and manage a Couchsurfing profile
• Manage your incoming or outgoing requests, messages, and more
• Add pictures to document your travel adventures
• See which of your Facebook friends also have a Couchsurfing account
Hey Couchsurfers! In this release, you'll find a few bug fixes and usability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great experience for adventurous travelers
I would highly recommend CS! Whether you are a solo traveler or falls short on money, Couchsurfing can be a powerful tool to help you open up your horizon and make new friends! If you are into experiencing new cultures and learning local habits, I’m pretty sure it won’t disappoint you. Bear in mind this is not a “free hotel” community, there is an exchange when you are part of the community and it always helps if you have already hosted someone.
Don’t forget to have your profile verified, it will also help you to find a host and on top of that it’s a support for the people who maintain the website alive!
Scammers and racists
I started using this app back in 2015 it was good at the beginning while I was travelling. Since I wanted to keep meeting people I decided to pay for the verification which was $60 by then so my profile would be more legit. I got to travel many countries around the world and met interesting people, once I was in Berlin where I met a group of guys (Muslim religious) which they had their own “friends group” on WhatsApp and it was a huge community with up to 1k people one of them seemed to be friendly and I told him I was gay, after that he went telling people on the WhatsApp group that I was hitting on him and so on -not true at all but you know religious people- then this guy asked all people on that WhatsApp group to report my CS profile-of course they were 1k and my account was suspended without reason. I have been trying to contact CS since that incident in 2018 and they never replied my emails. Worst than that is that they took my money from the verification I paid for. CS did not contact me whatsoever they just believed a bunch of religious people in a WhatsApp group without actually asking me or anything. I hope someone reads this and give me my money back, this was so racist.
Improved my social life but app needs work
This app helped me meet amazing people all over the world! I’m thankful for CS and the CS community. However some improvements and comments - it’s a shame that you cannot see past hangouts as it would be good to keep in contact with the people you’d just met without sounding like you want clout for your Instagram. The notifications on the app sometimes work and sometimes don’t... I was in Budapest not long ago and I got all of the messages through 1 day after I left telling me that people were waiting to meet me places. As for dangerous people, I’ve definitely met more GOOD people than BAD. However, there’s not much I can really secure in terms of safety other than being judgemental and looking at references and photos but even then people can lie, which has happened. I think as a suggestion, it should be easier for CS’ers to become verified without paying or hosting someone as many people just want to hang out. Right now, I’ve just created an album on my page of creepy guys messages and situations and this seems to have toned it down a bit.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CouchSurfing International Inc.
- 138.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 1999-2020 CouchSurfing International, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Contribution £1.79
- Monthly Contribution £2.79
- Annual Contribution £13.49
- Annual Contribution £12.49