The Cough Tracker for Asthma is a personalized AI-powered app that detects your coughs and the effect of allergens such as pollen, smog, or air quality and notifies you about your asthma or allergy progression.
Cough is an unconditional reflex of our body's immune system and often accompanies respiratory diseases as Asthma, COPD, Allergy, or Heart failure. However, these symptoms are unique from person to person.
Often the cough, especially cough at night, is ignored or underestimated, and it could lead to severe consequences for your health condition as an asthma crisis.
Asthma or allergy treatment aims to achieve and maintain control of the clinical manifestations of the disease: this includes current symptoms, allergy triggers as pollen, smog, or air quality, and reducing the risk of future exacerbations and potential asthma attacks.
People with respiratory diseases like asthma may be more sensitive to pollen, smog, or air quality. Exposure to pollen, smog, or air quality has been linked to asthma crisis and increases in hospital admissions for respiratory illness. Smog concentrations, wildfires, and longer pollen seasons can also make you more sensitive to allergens. It can trigger asthma episodes in individuals with asthma and diminish productive work and school days.
Cough is a primary symptom of asthma or allergy. It shows disease severity, poor prognosis and is a common distressing symptom. Some studies say that 97% of people with asthma or allergies have symptoms that lead to sleep problems, insomnia, and stress. Lack of sleep decreases productivity at work or school, which leads to more stress.
Cough Tracker is a personalized smart app that helps you understand what your body, immune system, or lung are saying about your asthma or allergy status. Answer questions like:
- Do I have a night cough. Is it associated with asthma, allergy, smog, air quality, or pollen?
- Does pollen lead to cough at night, and what it means?
- Is my night cough progressing?
- Could this be the cause of a restless night and feelings of fatigue and stress?
- In what environmental conditions do I live in, and how do pollen, smog, and air quality affect my respiratory health?
The Cough Tracker app shows you graphs:
- The Trends visualizes your amount of coughs. Use it to spot trends and irregularities. When you see an unexpected change, add a note with symptoms and potential causes. Over time, you can learn how pollen or other allergy triggers affect your health and have more informed conversations with your doctor.
- Data on pollen, smog, and air quality will provide you with information about potential allergens that can trigger an asthma crisis.
- Frequency shows at what time you have the most coughs. Here you can find out if you have a cough at night. Sometimes we don't know about it because we sleep at that time. It may be the reason why you feel tired or stress.
- Insights let you discover new helpful information and healthy habits.
How Cough Tracker works
- Install the app.
- Activate Cough Tracker algorithms through the microphone permission for automatic cough detection.
- Activate data extraction on pollen, smog, air pollution, and other allergy triggers in your area.
- Your privacy is protected. AI processing of audio snippets (seconds) takes place inside the smartphone and is not transmitted elsewhere.
- Get regular cough stats and insights about your respiratory health.
Cough detection is automatic and may differ from actual data. Cough Tracker is not a medical device and is for informational and research purposes only.
Cough Tracker detects only cough-like sounds and shows pollen exposure, smog, air pollution, and other allergy triggers. The app does not provide any medical advice, recommendations, or diagnosis. It is not intended for use in emergencies. In all health-related situations, you should not neglect to seek qualified medical assistance.
- fixed function recording audio
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Insubiq Inc.
- 85 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Insubiq Inc.