The most soothing possible way to count some sheep and help you sleep.
So you've memorized how many tiles and cracks you have in your ceiling and you're laying there in bed trying to fall asleep. Nothing is working though? Enter Count Sheep - a simple, sleek little sheep counting app that helps anyone young or old, from toddler to senior or in between to fall asleep by using their phone to count some sheep! One by one, the sheep gracefully float over the wooden fence. It sure beats staring at the ceiling.
Count Sheep was designed from the ground up to be easy on the eyes in a dark room and help you catch some z's.
• Night time-friendly graphics with smooth sheep animation
• Soothing custom-made, seamlessly looped lullaby music
• Adjustable sheep speed and lullaby volume
• Your phone's silent/mute switch mutes the lullaby music
• Won't interrupt music you're already playing
• Sleep timer that smoothly fades to black
• Option to disable your device's screen auto-lock
• Seamless landscape & portrait experience
• Optional on-screen counter
• Resumes after interruption
• Automatically saves your settings
• Lightweight app size: under 3mb
Count Sheep is super easy to use: start playing your own music through the Music app, select a song in Count Sheep (or turn off music all together). *Important: ensure that your device's mute switch is not on!* If your device is muted, no music will play even if you have a song selected. Then, set your sleep timer (15 minutes by default) and tap "Start" to get counting. When the sleep timer is up and you're sound asleep, Count Sheep will fades to a black screen, restoring your auto-lock settings and saving precious battery life.
I welcome any and all feedback. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or complaints, please free to drop me a line.
Thank you and goodnight!
Note: Count Sheep is intended to be used for entertainment purposes only. If you think you may be suffering from a sleep-related illness, you should consult a medical professional.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Keep on countin' those sheep!
- Watch for the ever-so-rare Unicorn Sheep! (Actually, don't. Fall asleep instead!)
- New! Random music mode
- Updated graphics for multiple screen sizes
- iOS 11 compatible
Ratings and Reviews
I absolutely love count sheep, the lullabyes are soothing and the graphics are a treat. I thought I imagined the black sheep the first time I saw him but it's a great touch! My only improvement would be that when the app finished it faded to black / sleep mode rather than the bright home screen popping up. Excellent work!!
Bought this app when I was fed up with being unable to sleep. Absolutely fantastic, drifted off to sleep so quickly after laying awake for so long. Really relaxing lullabies , graphic colours very soft :)
Waste of money
Really basic application that's neither relaxing or good value for money. The colour and movement of the sheep strains your eyes.
Should be a free app.
The developer, Taber Buhl, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Taber Buhl
- 3.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Taber Buhl
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.