Holding the simplicity of eighties instruments and carrying their raw heritage to you, it turns your device into a pocket beat making companion.
I believe that designing a pure interface, simply displaying your machine without any distraction, was the best way to reflect the spirit of the period it was born.
A CR-8k is actually very easy to operate and to play with but still tricky to program.
Please refer to corresponding documentation or just take the challenge !
Main caracteristics :
- 13 Original high quality double-samples
- 24 Combinable preset patterns
- 8 Programmable patterns
- 8 Preset fill-ins
- 4 Programmable fill-ins
- 8 Arranger variations
- 2 Rythm memory registers
- Shuffle mode (3/4 signature)
- Separated voice section volumes
- Gradual and programmable accentuation
- Full machine state auto-save
- Programs and selections auto-save
- Background audio playback enabled
- Audiobus V3
Bonuses accessible in your device settings :
- Unleash all-purpose LCD rather than only displaying the tempo
- Alter the way the patterns are played simultaneously
- Alternative « Rock » drum kit with integrated effects
- Built-in intruments effects : « Stereo pan » and « Jungle tune »
- Built-in audio effects : « Equalizer » and « Distortion »
- Built-in global effects : « Delay » and « Reverb »
- Mute any instrument
- Prevent any instrument from beeing affected by accents
- 4 Synchronized register auto-switching modes
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I love it ;-)
- Support for iOs 14
- Update for Audiobus v3.0.12
- Visual enhancement: display of key presses
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this Drum Machine. Very rhythmic. Fun
I own a real Roland CR-8000 from 1980. It is often broken down but is wonderful in its analog sounds and feel when working. Now this CR8k app is lots of fun. It sounds and works the same plus you can mute sounds as the patterns play in the settings and you can add the apps built in distortion, reverb and delay to the overall output and these are all very musical and sound really good. I love the big tempo dial that is very responsive and the shuffle works a treat. Patterns on the original CR-8000 were only 16 step, on this they are 32 step or unlimited steps. I ask the developers for one thing. Please, please, please can you make the rimshot and clave programmable. I know that on the original they were not but it seems such a shame not to be able to program these wonderful sounds.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your friendly review, I am really honoured that the app is worthing the comparison with a true vintage machine, according to you. Your suggestion sounds pretty good as well, it would be integrated as a new option in the settings panel in order to keep the original machine in all points for those who keep it like that. An update is on its way for the end of the fall, I truly consider offer an optionnal remapping of the program voice selection knob. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful idea ! Musically yours
Very well done BUT.........
Indeed, this has a sound that sounds different. Different in a, this isn’t the usual kind of sound that comes from my iPad kind of way, a kind of old, interesting way, it’s very well done whatever it is. But oh oh no the but! It isn’t actually particularly useful as far as playing with any other app I have is concerned and therefore making music with. That is a problem, a very big problem I’m afraid.
Very well done BUT....
You can tell the app is made with love and it sounds really really nice, but it has no midi synch setting (an it is not AU ) ...so basically it cannot be played with other apps, which would be the point of using a drum machine...I hope these limitations will be overcome on future updates?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Rochaix
- 32 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 David Rochaix - CLIC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.