Cross Stitch Creator 4+
Designed for iPad
Turn pictures of your favorite moments into beautiful cross stitch tapestries of almost any size! Cross Stitch Creator is an embroidery app that allows you to generate cross stitch patterns from pictures (or create them from scratch) and track your progress on them. You can also save patterns as PDFs to print or share with your friends! There are no subscriptions or in app purchases - after the initial app purchase you can create as many patterns and PDFs as you want.
• Generate cross stitch patterns from pictures or from scratch up to 800 x 800 stitches
• Use hundreds of different colors in a single pattern
• 454 different DMC thread colors to choose from
• Create your own color palettes to use for generating (such as colors you already own)
• Several generation parameters such as maximum number of colors allowed and dithering
• Track your progress on patterns (details below)
• Edit your patterns after generating to perfect them (details below)
• See a preview of what your pattern will look like when it's fully stitched
• Print patterns from directly within the app
• Share patterns as PDFs via Email, iMessage, and more
• Help popups to guide you through using the app
• Colorize individual stitches to mark progress
• Quick and easy symbol/color lookup
• Lockable stitches
• Sortable key
• Pattern metadata such as size, date created, number of colors, percent complete...
• Tools include draw, erase, fill, and undo/redo
• Effects such as reducing the number of colors used, conforming to a given palette, and resizing/cropping
• Note: Only full stitches are supported. Half stitches, quarter stitches, backstitches, french knots, etc. are not.
Although we try our best, thread colors may not appear to be completely accurate. Perception of thread color depends on multiple factors including, but not limited to, display settings such as brightness and night shift, ambient light conditions, and neighboring colors in the pattern. Please use your best judgement in determining which colors to actually use when stitching the pattern.
Fixed an issue where the app would crash if you attempted to open any patterns with any 10x10 chunks locked
Ratings and Reviews
Cross Stitch Creator
Brilliant!!!!! Would have been 5* if one thing was added. How to work out the amount of material you need. It has been years since I did any cross stitching and I am having a job calculating what I need. Other than that I love it!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestion. I know it's taken a while, but we have finally added the ability to see the dimensions of your pattern in inches and centimeters, but this is currently only available for patterns created after updating to the newest version (2.12).
Poor quality app
This app is terrible. I purchased it based on the other reviews but can honestly say I’m at a complete loss as to why so many find it great? It only allows you to upload an image to generate a pattern, not create from scratch as some of the reviews suggest. Only very simple pic art pictures would translate into a decent pattern so if you’re after an app that generates even half decent patterns, this is definitely a massive waste of your time and money. Hugely disappointing!
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you feel that way about Cross Stitch Creator. The app was not intended to allow creating patterns from scratch, and the description was specifically worded to attempt to convey that. That being said, you can still create a pattern from scratch by generating a pattern of the desired size using any image (solid color or completely transparent is best), then delete all the stitches in the editor and begin drawing your pattern. The editor was made for cleaning up generated patterns, not creating them from scratch, so it is a little lacking in tools for that. Creating from scratch might not be the most convenient, but it definitely is possible. I'm here to help and am willing to work with you to solve your issues, so if you need help using the app or want to provide a better description so others don't misinterpret it as well, please reach out to email@example.com.
Use it for hama beads...
This app is great, I use for setting out kids projects using hama beads. Saved me a lot of time - thanks!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adam Evans
- 6.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Adam Evans
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.