Turn pictures of your favorite moments into beautiful cross stitch tapestries of almost any size! Cross Stitch Creator is an embroidery app that allows you to generate cross stitch patterns from pictures and track your progress on them. You can also save patterns to your photo library, print patterns directly from within the app, or share patterns with your friends as PDFs!
• Generate cross stitch patterns from pictures up to 800 x 800 stitches
• Use hundreds of different colors in a single pattern
• 454 different DMC thread colors to choose from
• Create your own color palettes to use for generating
• Several generation parameters such as maximum number of colors allowed.
• Track your progress on patterns (details below)
• Edit your patterns after generating to perfect them (details below)
• Save pictures of patterns to Photos
• Print patterns from directly within the app
• Share patterns as PDFs via Email, iMessage, and more
• Help popups to guide you through using the app
• Colorize individual stitches to mark progress
• Quick and easy symbol/color lookup
• Lockable stitches
• Sortable key
• Pattern metadata such as size, date created, number of colors...
• Basic pattern editor
• Tools include draw, erase, fill, and undo/redo
• Add any color to your pattern regardless of palette chosen
Although we try our best, thread colors may not appear to be completely accurate. Perception of thread color depends on multiple factors including, but not limited to, display settings such as brightness and night shift, ambient light conditions, and neighboring colors in the pattern. Please use your best judgement in determining which colors to actually use when stitching the pattern.
- Fixes a couple crashes seen while editing
- Fixes a crash that happened when overwriting an existing pattern after having used undo in the editor
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Cross Stitch Creator
Brilliant!!!!! Would have been 5* if one thing was added. How to work out the amount of material you need. It has been years since I did any cross stitching and I am having a job calculating what I need. Other than that I love it!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestion. I know it's taken a while, but we have finally added the ability to see the dimensions of your pattern in inches and centimeters, but this is currently only available for patterns created after updating to the newest version (2.12).
Poor quality app
This app is terrible. I purchased it based on the other reviews but can honestly say I’m at a complete loss as to why so many find it great? It only allows you to upload an image to generate a pattern, not create from scratch as some of the reviews suggest. Only very simple pic art pictures would translate into a decent pattern so if you’re after an app that generates even half decent patterns, this is definitely a massive waste of your time and money. Hugely disappointing!
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you feel that way about Cross Stitch Creator. The app was not intended to allow creating patterns from scratch, and the description was specifically worded to attempt to convey that. That being said, you can still create a pattern from scratch by generating a pattern of the desired size using any image (solid color or completely transparent is best), then delete all the stitches in the editor and begin drawing your pattern. The editor was made for cleaning up generated patterns, not creating them from scratch, so it is a little lacking in tools for that. Creating from scratch might not be the most convenient, but it definitely is possible. I'm here to help and am willing to work with you to solve your issues, so if you need help using the app or want to provide a better description so others don't misinterpret it as well, please reach out to email@example.com.
Use it for hama beads...
This app is great, I use for setting out kids projects using hama beads. Saved me a lot of time - thanks!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.