Cryptomator makes your cloud storage trustworthy. The app encrypts files on your mobile device before they are uploaded to your cloud. Even if a third party gained unauthorized access to your files (e.g., hacker attack), your files are secure from prying eyes.
Cryptomator has been developed with a strong focus on user-friendliness.
• Simply create a vault and assign a password
• No additional account or configuration needed
• Unlock vaults with Touch ID / Face ID
Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages and available for all major operating systems.
• Compatible with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and WebDAV-based cloud storage services
• Access your vaults on all your mobile devices and computers
Cryptomator for iOS is based on the solid open-source foundation of Cryptomator for Desktop.
• File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length
• Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance
• Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background
• Crypto implementation is based on the open-source library Obj-C Cryptor and is publicly documented
Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy. We're proud to provide security and privacy for hundreds of thousands of Cryptomator users.
Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users: https://community.cryptomator.org
• Follow us on Twitter @Cryptomator
• Like us on Facebook /Cryptomator
- Added cache to avoid repeated downloading and to enable (limited) offline access (iCloud Drive is unchanged because it already has an internal cache)
- Fixed full screen file preview on iPad when backgrounding the app and the vault is being locked
Ratings and Reviews
Secure safe private
This is a very good app to keep your files encrypted and secure when you use a cloud service. However the app looses a star for not allowing you to select multiple files, if you want to move files to a different folder you have to currently use the desktop app
App works great, integrated with Dropbox. It loses one star because it’s listed within the iOS Files app but when tapping it it doesn’t work. The standalone app works perfectly though. Highly recommended if you use Cryptomator on your desktop.
Great app but I would love to see photo thumbnails and the ability to swipe between photos and drag and drop.
- Skymatic UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 40.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 cryptomator.org
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.